CHAPTER 07

The love potion incident had happened in 3rd period, so of course, by 4th period the entirety of Hogwarts knew that Sirius was in love with someone who smelt like Earl grey tea, freshly cut grass and musty library books.

"Black, are you going to tell us who it is?" Asked the 6th year reporter Olive Brown whilst flashing a camera in his face.

Sirius gave her and the camera the finger before stomping away to the group's usual spot on the Gryffindor table.

"I heard you're in love," Moony said as Sirius raised his head in shock.

"Fuck Moony," he said almost falling out of his seat "You bloody scared me."

Lupin laughed as he put down his library book and leaned in looking straight into Padfoot's eyes.

His lips brushed Sirius ears as he came in closer "You know you can tell me." he whispered as Sirius' face turned a bright shade of red.

Remus laughed again sitting back in his seat "I'm joking Padfoot, you should have seen your face." he took a sip of his earl grey tea "But for real at least tell me what house the lucky girl is in. I bet it's Ravenclaw, the Ravenclaw girls are always drinking tea and are at the library all the time. Maybe one of them is a keen herbologist"

Sirius nodded as Remus speculated away; his heart breathing hard in his chest.

"Sirius I heard about your little love potion incident." The familiar Scottish drawl of Mary McDonald said as she sat down next to the pair "So who's the lucky girl?"

Sirius noticed how she hadn't come extremely close to him, how she wasn't twirling her blond hair with a painted red finger, how she wasn't Mary.

"Mary, who are you fucking?" He asked bluntly as she turned red, Remus looked up from his book yet again, and James almost summoned by the word fucking sat down beside Moony, Peter following behind him.

"Yes, Mary, who are you fucking?" James asked again, eyebrow raised lips turned up into a smile.

Mary looked around the table, before huffing and scanning the great hall. She stopped when she got about halfway down the Ravenclaw table, eyes resting on Callum Jenkins the Ravenclaw head boy.

"No way your fucking Callum Jenkins!" Sirius exclaimed, his mouth open slack with shock.

"That's our enemy Mary!" James shouted as the whole great hall went silent and turned to him "Mind your fucking business you nosey lot."

The great hall went back to their conversations.

"Yeah aren't Ravenclaw and Gryffindor going against each other on Wednesday for a final match before we go away for Christmas." Peter piped as Mary glared at him.

"James Fleamont Potter, I am not fraternising with the enemy, because there is no enemy," Mary said annoyed.

"Nah your not fraternising with the enemy, your fucking the enemy," Sirius said laughing as Mary punched him in the arm.

She stood up and with a sharp turn on her heel spun around and marched towards the Ravenclaw table. Without giving Callum the chance to say anything she pulled him into a long kiss, almost the entirety of the school watching. After they finished she turned around to where she was once seated and gave the boys the finger before walking away proudly.

Sirius turned back to the table and watched as the other boys were met with the same shock he was.

"Blimey," Peter muttered, face red as he swallowed hard.

***

For the group, the rest of the day went extremely fast and by 5 pm they were all huddled together outside a spare empty classroom on the second floor.