CHAPTER 25

⚠️// panic attack

"Freya, you're dozing off again." Casper whispered into her ear as he nudged Freya awake "Please eat something, for the last time black coffee isn't breakfast."

Freya looked down at the black liquid in her coffee cup before drinking it quickly "Thanks for the reminder but I'm going to stick with it. I need to go, Casper, work to be done."

Freya kissed Casper goodbye before rushing out of the great hall, books in hand.

She passed the corner to get up the stairs, walking in the opposite direction was Regulus.

Freya hadn't seen him in ages, every time she had asked Casper where he might be he just shrugged.

The only time she was sure of his whereabouts was during the extra quidditch practices Casper had booked and even then he hadn't shown up half the time.

"Regulus!" She called out rushing towards him "I've been looking for you."

Regulus turned back to face her, Freya looked relatively the same however, her bright green eyes were slightly dulled heavy bags beneath them.

"What's do you need me for Freya?" Regulus asked hands in his pocket, his index finger was still bare from Astrid taking his ring the night before.

They had finished their date at around 1 am, Astrid had sneaked into his dorm room and they had fallen asleep in each other's arms.

Freya held up a book "Apparently your a whiz at Care of Magical Creatures. I need help with the essay Professor Kettleburn assigned."

Regulus shook his head, he had planned to meet up with Astrid "I'm busy Freya, maybe next time."

"Please." Freya begged smiling up at him "It will only take about an hour."

Regulus groaned internally "Fine, an hour only. We will do it in the library."

"Thanks."

They made their way up to the library, deciding on some seats near the front desk to do Freya's work.

Regulus had already completed his essay on the mating and breeding of Hungarian Norsebacks, so it was easy for him to guide Freya, however seemed like she had no clue what to do.

After about an hour they had finished the last chapter and were packing away.

"Thanks Regulus, I had no clue what to write." Freya said placing her essay between her books so she wouldn't forget "Care of Magical creatures isn't my best subject."

"How come you chose it?"

"My Mom did, she thinks it's good for me to expand my knowledge into something more practical." Freya shrugged as they walked out saying goodbye and going their separate directions.

Regulus had quidditch practice in about ten minutes leaving him limited time to go change let alone find Astrid.

Today it seemed that luck was on his side as he turned the corner to see Astrid standing by the infirmary.

"What's going on?" He asked spotting her worried face as she tapped her foot on the floor "Astrid are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she said trying her best to smile but her eyes not matching "It's just Mary and Lily. Both of them woke up this morning sick, it might just be a virus or the flu, well that's what we thought until we saw it."

"What did you see?"

"It was the dark mark, only this one blood-red on their right forearms. Underneath it was the word 'Impure'." Astrid continued to explain as Regulus looked at her confused "It's not just them, but every 7th year Gryffindor that comes from a muggleborn family."