CHAPTER 20

The rest of the week had been rather uneventful for the marauders who had spent most of the weekend revising for their NEWTs in the summer.

So when duelling club came around they were pretty happy not to do something that they would be graded on.

Even Xinya seemed like she was in a better mood than last week, not getting too mad even when Peter managed to mess up all the hexes she was teaching them.

But at around the half way through the club session, they once again told them to push the tables to the corners of the room and stand in front of her.

"The winners from last week will duel with the winners from the week before that." Xinya began as they used their wand to write the random pairings down on the blackboard, "The losers please sit in the back, you have been eliminated from this competition."

The losers from the previous week walked to the back of the class, sitting down on one of the tables.

"Winners get into the pairs I've drawn up." Xinya instructed as Astrid walked over to a corner with her duelling partner, Marlene.

The two girls bowed at each other before grinning mischievously, wands at the ready.

Marlene went first sending a quick expelliarmus in an attempt to disarm Astrid, however Astrid anticipating her friend's spell, put up a quick defensive spell.

On the other side of the classroom stood Regulus, eye to eye with his opponent Freya.

Freya smirked, wand at the ready to fight, "Just you and me Reg."

Freya was unknown territory to Regulus since he had never seen her duel before, but from the way she was holding her wand and the devilish look in her eye she was obviously very confident in her skills.

Regulus decided to start easy; "expelliarmus" he said quickly his spell easily blocked with a shield.

But before Regulus could say another spell Freya raised her wand "stupefy", Regulus flew a couple feet in the air landing a couple meters back.

He immediately raised he wand "incendium"Freya's sleeve caught on fire, momentarily distracting Freya ask she rushed to put it out "expelliarmus."

Freya's wand flew out of her hand and into Regulus' hand "I think this is were you admit defeat." He said eyebrow raised as he held her wand in front of her.

She rolled her eyes before taking her wand from Regulus and storming off the losers table.

On the winners table sat Astrid who had finished her match with Marlene and was now watching the matches in progress.

"Hey Astrid." Regulus said sitting beside her "I've almost finished the antidote, it's taken longer than expected."

Astrid looked around to see if anyone could be listening, before casting a quick muffilito charm so they were the only two that could hear their conversation "Do you think you'll be done before the next Slug Club meeting?"

"I should be, but I have no idea if it will work, it's an old recipe."

"It's the only plan we have."

Regulus looked back to see Freya looking at the two of them, no doubt trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I should go," Regulus said before walking over to the other side of the table where Violetta and Casper sat deep in discussion.

Astrid removed the spell before turning back to watch the rest of the matches.

James and Lily were currently fighting and as per Lily's wishes James was not going soft on her.