CHAPTER 38

"Regulus, Regulus." Casper said walking across the boy's locker room broom in hand, "Fuck I swear if you screw this up for me."

"Screw what up?" Regulus asked, "Why are you so mad?"

"Because this is the last quidditch game I might play, and I kinda want to win this one. But my star seeker in zoned out in the locker room!" Casper shouted, when he got no response he stormed out of the locker room looking for the one person that could maybe snap Regulus out of it.

"Astrid!" Casper called out, Astrid turned around looking confused, "Come here I need to ask you something."

Astrid turned to her friends shrugging before walking down to the locker room entrance, "What's going on?"

"Regulus." Casper snapped pinching the space between his eyes, "Come with me."

Casper grabbed her arm and lead her to where Regulus was still sat.

"Sort him out for me darling," Casper said before leaning back on the tile wall watching as Astrid sat down next to him.

"Reg, you alright?" Astrid said squeezing his hand, "Are you nervous about the match."

Casper groaned loudly, "So now is the time he chose to develop nerves."

"Hi darling, mind if you give us some privacy." Astrid snapped turning to face Casper who probably had no clue Regulus' state was brought on by his sleepless night worrying about the future.

Even when Astrid slept next to him he never slept, and she could tell.

She wasn't sleeping as well; Astrid was trying to find a way to deal with the dark mark on Regulus' left forearm.

"You've got five minutes Astrid, please," Casper said before leaving the locker room the door swinging behind him.

"Does anything matter anymore? I'm a fucking dead man walking." Regulus murmured, turning to face Astrid, "Winning this stupid quidditch match won't stop me from being thrown in Azkaban."

"I told you you're not going to die, and I'm not letting you go to Azkaban." Astrid reassured, "Though Casper looks like he's going to kill someone and I don't think I could stop that."

Regulus chuckled at her joke, "See you can do this, it's just one match I'll be in the crowd cheering you on, fuck what James says. We are going to sort this out after the match ok." Astrid said bringing him into a hug and kissing his forehead gently, "Good luck."

Astrid stood up pulling Regulus up with her, "I promise, we will sort this out."

"Thank you." Regulus said softly before giving her a quick kiss on the lips, "Thank you for everything."

Astrid squeezed his hand as if to say 'Don't worry about it' before leading Regulus out of the locker room where Casper stood waiting.

"Are we going to play this match or not," Regulus said walking past Casper and out onto the field.

"You're a lifesaver love." Casper said grinning, "owe you one."

Casper ran following Regulus on to the pitch., leaving Astrid to walk back up the bleachers.

"What was that all about?" Mary asked as she sat down next to her, "What did Casper want from you?"

"It was nothing Mary, just a stupid question." Astrid lied quickly before turning her attention to the match that was about to start.

Back in France, she was known as a competitive flyer; a sport in which racers would go against each other to see who was flying, but when she transferred to Hogwarts she could never really get the hang of the idea of throwing balls while flying so she mostly sat out whenever they played.