CHAPTER 03

I listened to Arctic Monkey's 'I wanna be yours' while writing the dance section so please listen to it while read just to add to the effect

//

Regulus walked away from the bubblegum smell he hadn't gotten used to yet and down the stairs to the Slytherin common room. He wasn't in the mood to continue the not conversation with his cousins.

He thought back to the scene in the hallway, his body pressed up against Astrid's, her eyes staring right back at his without a trace of fear.

The black family was supposed to bring fear into their enemies and for the most part they did, but tonight Regulus was the one afraid.

Afraid of what the fearless girl that was previously trapped under his arms could do to him if she didn't stay away.

If he didn't stay away.

He walked through the common room and into the bathroom next to his dormitory. Locking the door behind him walked over to the sink and began to wash his hands.

He looked up at his reflection, the image of a boy with curly black hair looking back at him with two black eyes.

Two black eyes

He couldn't stand them, all his life his eyes were the one thing that made him different. So naturally, that's the one thing his family wanted to change.

He brought his slim fingers to his left eyes and slowly brought out the contact.

One black eye, one blue eye

He dropped the contact into the bin beside him and walked out back to his room.

Casper, his cousin was a year older than him and shared a room with his friends, and his parents not wanting him to share a room with a half-blood managed to get him a room for himself.

He hated how his parents put him in positions like this, he hated the stares the other people forced to share gave him; like he was this pompous git how thought he was better than everyone.

Sometimes he thought he was; a pompous git that was.

Older him would puncher younger him in the face for trying so hard; trying so hard to please his parents, to fit in with their beliefs, to be the perfect Black heir.

The truth was he didn't know what to believe anymore.

He wished he could stand up to them, just once.

He didn't have the strength or the bravery to argue with his parents, that was Sirius' job. He didn't get why his brother argued with his parents so much when he was younger but as he grew to know both side of the argument he soon realised why.

His parents were major dicks.

So from about the age of twelve, he watched in silence, watched the endless shouting matches, watched the way his father would beat Sirius, watched his dear mother cut his brother's long hair short as a punishment.

Sometimes he wished he could do anything more than watching.

He sat on his bed after kicking off his shoes and rummaged underneath his bed pulling out a small cardboard box. He then stood up and closed his window before going to his wardrobe and pulling out his muggle clothes to get changed.

Walking quickly he went higher and higher up the endless amounts of stairs he was now used to that lead to the clock tower.

Once there he looked outside the large glass window listening to the faint sound of the clock he had spelled to be quiet to whoever was inside the room.