CHAPTER 13

On the 20th of December 1977, an usually calm and cocky James Potter was unbelievably nervous.

"Pads what tie should I wear?" James asked Sirius as the two sat in his room preparing for James' dinner at the Evans'.

Sirius pointed at the blue tie in James' right hand "It goes better with your shirt,"

"But what about my trousers?" He asked picking them up, "Do they match?"

Sirius rolled his eyes "Yes James they match," Sirius stood up and handed James the rest of his outfit "Go change,"

James was pushed outside his room and the door locked behind him "That's my room," he shouted as Sirius opened the door.

"Change in the bloody bathroom, your doing my head in," he said before closing the door again on a shocked James.

A few minutes later Sirius opened James's bedroom door to see a formally dressed James.

Sirius looked at him up and down before picking up the red tie "Wear this one,"

James rolled his eyes before pulling of the blue tie "I feel like Moony," he muttered commenting on the fact that he was wearing a sweater.

"Just hand me a cup of Earl grey tea and a boyfriend," he said playfully as Sirius lifted his head up from his book.

"I'm not dating Remus," he said throwing the book at James, "Plus Moony wears better sweaters than that."

James threw the book back at Sirius with a laugh "Ok, if you say so,"

Sirius stood up and handed James a pair of black shoes that had just finished drying from being polished "If you like him so much you should date him Prongs,"

James took the shoes from Sirius "But the whole point is that you date him," he slipped them on before being down to tie the laces "You of all people should know that you guys would be perfect together."

James stood up and checked himself in a mirror before turning to Sirius "Pads, how do I look?" He asked nervously as Sirius got up and walked up to him.

"You look bloody brilliant," Sirius said straightening out his tie "Plus all the Evans love you, well apart from Petunia that girl needs to get the stick out of her arse,"

"Hey that's my future sister in law, your talking about," James said playfully punching Sirius' shoulder.

"Your not even married to Lily yet," Sirius said before turning to James eyes wide as he put all the pieces together "No James,"

James pulled out a ring from his jacket pocket "No James, you started dating a week ago, give me the fucking ring,"

James rolled his eyes and put the ring back in pocket "I'm not proposing, it's a promise ring,"

"I still think it's a bad idea," Sirius said flipping on James bed.

"I'm not going to give the ring to her now," James said turning back to the mirror "I'm going to do it on Valentines,"

"Still a bad idea," Sirius said in a sing song voice as he continued to flip through his book.

"Says the boy in denial that he is in love," James said as Sirius once again threw a book at him.

"Hey" James exclaimed as the book hit the back of his head, knocking his glasses on the floor.

"Boys," Euphemia called from downstairs as both James and Sirius erupted into laughter.

***

By 7:58 under James strict supervision, Euphemia and Fleamont Potter were dressed and ready to head over to the Evans' house.