CHAPTER 01

The next day at 8 am sharp Astrid felt two very cold hands shaking her "Astrid wake the hell up. Potions class is in 10"

The hands and voice belonged to her red-haired roommate, Lily Evans.

Astrid groaned as she opened her tired brown eyes and was greeted by bright green ones.

"Astrid, wake up you're going to be late," Lily said again shaking her up.

"Bloody hell Lily. I'm up, no need to shake my arm off" She replied swinging her legs over her bed so she was in a sitting position. She rubbed her tired eyes; blinking the world into focus.

As always her side of the dorm was a complete and utter mess; muggle clothes were scattered on the floor, her stack of records by her record player and masses of pillows scattered across the bed.

Her roommates had long ago given up in asking her to clean; so Astrid resided on an island of her own moderate filth.

Astrid got up and checked the time 8:05, shaking her head she jumped into her uniform whilst spraying deodorant all over her.

Her uniform consisted of a white shirt with a black and red Gryffindor tie which hung loosely around her neck. Her black skirt was always above her knees, and after being told off close to about a hundred times she learnt to roll it down after spotting a teacher.

"Astrid I need to leave, transfiguration with McGonagall," Lily said the girl's dormitory door slamming shut.

8:07

She was now officially going to be late. On average it took about 5 minutes to get down to the dungeon for potions. However, as Astrid struggled with a shoe she was left with half that time.

Maybe she could get Peeves to cut her some slack and not mess with the stairs.

Fat chance.

***

"Miss Winston you're late." Slughorn scolded tutting and tapping his pocket watch.

Astrid turned to see the entire class huddled over a bubble antidote potion.

"I'm sorry sir, I overslept." She admitted. She felt the hot gaze of her staring classmates; just know that somewhere in the crowd Sirius and James were giggling.

"Now there Miss Winston as much as your one of my favourite students to teach this sort of behaviour cannot go unpunished. Five points from Gryffindor and stay back after class." Slughorn decided as he walked over to the potion.

She stood next to a grinning Sirius and James and turn to look at them dead in the eye "Not any other word."

They both raised a cheeky finger to their stilling grinning lips as Astrid rolled her eyes.

Slughorn explained the potion to the class as Astrid yawned; the number of antidote potions she had to make for James and Sirius was unreal.

She was so lost in thought as time seemed to slow down, minutes, to seconds, to milliseconds.

When would this be over?

She was so out of it that she didn't notice a greasy-haired boy with harsh black eyes walking towards her.

"Astrid are you ready?" Severus asked.

Ready for what?

Snape sensing her confusion replied, "Slughorn partnered us up to make a replica of the antidote potion." Astrid could sense the slight irritation in his voice.