CHAPTER 39

"Sirius Orion Black, I swear to Godric if you don't return my 1975 limited edition Ruby red nail polish that Astrid got Joesphine to get from me from bloody France, I will kill you tonight." Mary threatened as she stormed into the boy's dorm.

Sirius passed her the nail polish, "You like?"

Mary looked at the set of nails, "Course looks brill, but if you mess anything up tonight I will kill you and James because he's probably in it too."

James looked up shocked, "Hey I haven't done anything... yet."

"James, I'm warning you. It's Prom the one night of our lives that I'm begging you not to act like total gits." Mary said before rushing back to her dorm to get ready.

The common room was in shambles, girls and boys alike (though mainly the girls) were running around in search of a lost earring or shoe or even a missing dress.

Mary's shopping trip resulted in her picking out a pastel yellow halter neck dress, complete with a patterned beaded wide belt and a pair of white strap heels.

For her hair she had decided to switch things up with her usually ponytail pulled higher up in a crown braid with two strands of her by her eyes, accessorised with a single red rose braided in as well to match the polish she had taken back from Sirius.

"I got it," Mary said proudly as she walked into her dorm kicking off her slippers to paint her toes to match her hands.

"How are the boys getting along?" Lily asked adjusting the strap of her black heels.

Lily had chosen a plunging halter neck dress in her signature emerald green colour, not as long as Mary's floor-length dress but it stopped just below her knees.

Also like Mary she had changed her usual hairstyle opting after much persuasion from Mary to do a 'Farrah Fawcett Flip', which she kept blowing out of her eyes.

"Ten galleons that they have something planned," Marlene laughed getting up from her dressing table, "Wouldn't put it past them to get detention on the last week of school."

Marlene had decided to go a bit more traditional with a burgundy pleated maxi dress with a boatneck neckline.

Though her makeup was anything less than traditional; she had chosen to do a more bold look.

Burgundy eyeshadow both on her eyelid and traced under matching her glossy red lips.

"Astrid, what do you think?"

"You look beautiful Marlene, and I wouldn't put it past James and Sirius to try something. I'm not involved, McGonagall giving us detention all last week was enough to put me off." Astrid said turning away from the mirror, "How about this? Is it too much?"

Astrid was wearing a baby blue spaghetti strap wrap dress, with a flowing silk skirt just about reaching mid calve. On her feet were white plain three-inch heels that Joesphine had sent over for her. 

They were Gia's and Astrid had promised to wear them for her own prom, and she never broke her promises.  

For her makeup, she did a shimmering gold on her eyelid, complicated with dramatic winged eyeliner and a nude brown on her lips.

"Just right." Mary smiled twirling her around, "I'm still baffled at how you don't have a date, I thought Casper asked you just before the game."

"It was about something else. And I'm fine going alone, it's just prom." Astrid shrugged, "Plus last I heard Casper was taking Freya."

"Gosh, that girl is like a bug you can't shake. You would think Casper would have had enough of the first time they dated." Mary shuddered, "Well I suppose it's a pureblood thing, get married to anyone who isn't your cousin but pureblood and if there's no one left your cousin will do."