CHAPTER 33

Regulus didn't think twice before bolting away from the room and joining the rest of the guests in the living room.

The sound of Andrew breaking the man's neck still played in his ears, the thud of his dead body hitting the floor.

He knew that the people here had most likely killed someone, it was all over the news about the attacks and the violence taking place outside of Hogwarts but it shocked him to see it happen right in front of him.

That fine line between life and death, severed in an instance; there was no pause, no final words, just a switch flicked as you moved on.

"Regulus, your parents are coming act like we are still together," Freya said holding his hand.

"We are not together though," Regulus said trying to pry his hand out of Freya's but she wouldn't let go.

"It's going to be damaging for both of us if people think we have broken up, so hold my fucking hand and I'll act like I don't want to rip it off your shoulder," Freya whispered as Regulus' parents came over.

Regulus parents we avid supporters of Voldemort and they both pushed their sons into joining his ranks but when push came to shove they always insisted they were too old to join themselves.

"Regulus, Freya." Wallaberga greeted as she walked grandly hand in hand with her husband to the corner where Regulus and Freya now stood, "I take it you attended tonight's meeting."

"Yes Ms Black, it was terrific. We can't disclose any detail though, you know how it is." Freya said smiling, still holding Regulus' hand.

"Of course dear, I just know that it is the younger generation that will purify the next generation of magical blood, Merlin knows we need it." Wallaberga continued.

Wallaberga always wanted a daughter and even though Freya was not her own she felt like the perfect daughter, smart, pureblood, ready to fight for the greater good of wizarding kind.

"Are you not going to greet your mother and me, boy?" Orion asked glaring at Regulus.

"Good evening Mother, good evening Father," Regulus said politely even though he would rather tell the three of them to respectfully fuck off, minus the respectfully.

Orion made a sort of tutting noise "I think you should be rather ashamed, your girlfriend was given a mission by The Dark Lord, and as far as I have been told so has your cousin. Really Regulus you should take more initiative to strive to move up, that what that Xinya girl did anyways."

Regulus shook his head "Not a girl, Professor Xinya goes by she/they pronouns, we all have to refer to them as such."

Orion looked at Xinya up and down, "It's a wonder they allow her to even teach, filling up young impressionable minds with that nonsense."

It took everything in Freya not to slap Orion across the face, "Well Mr Black, equality isn't a bad thing, we are all magical human beings after all. It's just polite to refer to them as them, I'm sure you wouldn't take it kindly if I referred to you as she."

Orion shrugged looking over at Xinya again "Well we are all purebloods."

"That we are." Freya said smiling, "However I think it's time we students headed back to Hogwarts, we have a long day of learning tomorrow and we all need some rest."