Chapter 24

POV Daniel

The last few weeks I have been with the boys trying to write some songs while Corbyn follows his treatments. I haven't seen him a lot because of that so I thought today would be a perfect day to visit him.

"Don't forget him if he is ready to release one song already," Jonah says when I grab my jacket. "I won't. I will see you guys tomorrow okay?" I say. "See you tomorrow. Say to him I will visit him soon. I miss him at school," Zach says. "We miss him all," Jack adds. "I will tell him that, bye," I wave and leave the house.

Soon I arrive at the Bessons' household. I step out of my car and walk up to the front door. Saskia immediately opens the door when I rang the bell.

"It is so good to see you, Daniel. He needs you right now," Saskia says and immediately pulls me inside the house. "Why? What's wrong?" I ask worriedly. "He got a phone call this morning, it was an anonymous number. He ignored the call but when they immediately called again, he picked up the phone," Saskia says. "Who was it?" I ask worriedly.

"His dad, he called out of prison. He said awful things to Corbyn," Saskia says. "He is back at square one," she mumbles. "What a psychopath!" I exclaim. "Jordan and Ashley are trying to calm him down but he needs you. I'm so glad you came to visit today," she says. "Can I see him?" I ask, wanting to comfort him. "Of course," she says and I immediately go upstairs to Corbyn's room. I walk in and see a horrible scene in front of me. I see Corbyn sitting on the ground crying and Jordan and Ashley trying to stop him from scratching his old scars.

"Daniel!" Jordan says when he notices me. I immediately run to Corbyn his side and hold his face in my hands. "Hey, I'm here," I whispers and rub his cheek. He looks me in the eyes and I see his hands stop scratching his scars. Jordan and Ashley slowly pull their hands away and leave the room. I wrap him into a hug and hold him tight. I rub his back and leave a few kisses on his hair. He sobs into my shoulder and it breaks my heart.

"I'm here," I whisper. "I'm going to help you," I add. He tightens his grip on my hoodie. "I'm not leaving you," I whisper. He moves his hand from my hoodie to his head. He makes fists and put them against his forehead. "Hey, hey," I say and grab his hands. "T-The v-voices," he whispers. "Try to block them out," I say and kiss his forehead.

"You're amazing, beautiful, talented, lovely, sweet, you're perfect," I try to help him. "You are loved by so many people. Especially by me. I've never met such an amazing person like you. You make me smile, make me happy, make me cry happy tears, you made me believe love did exist. I love you so much that not even words can explain how much. Don't care about what your dad said. He is the wrong one here," I say softly. I see him slowly calming down. I stand up to go to the bathroom. I grab the first aid kit and get back to Corbyn. I crouch in front of him and bandage his broken scars.

"I failed my therapist," he whispers. "You did not," I say while bandaging his arms. "I'm back at square one because of a few words. I'm weak," he says. "You're not weak. You're vulnerable. I like that about you," I say genuinely. "And recovery goes with ups and downs. But I know you will get there and I will be by your side," I add and finish with the bandages. He looks down at the bandages and sighs. I take my hoodie off and put it on him. "Now you don't see them," I smile. "Besides, you look adorable in my clothes," I add and I see him turning red.

"Why did you choose me out of everyone who wanted to be with you? I'm depressed and have anxiety, you shouldn't have to deal with that," he says. "Just like I said, to me you are perfect. You've been my best friend for a long time and you are literally the best person I've ever met. Of course, I chose you," I explain and rubs his knuckles. "And I want to deal with you because I love you. I want to help you through the bad times and enjoy the good times," I add and help him stand up.