Chapter 11

The next morning

POV Corbyn

I woke up the next morning and went to my wardrobe. I could walk a lot better than yesterday. I choose this outfit.

I went to the bathroom and did my hair

I went to the bathroom and did my hair. When I was done with my hair I walked to Ashley her room. I knocked on the door and Ashley said: "Come in,". I walked inside and saw Ashley doing her make-up. "Can I use some foundation?" I asked. "Why?" she said and turned to me. "Omg, what happened to you?" she said and gave me a hug. "Dad came home before I could go to school," I said. "That stupid asshole. Of course, you can use some foundation," she said and grabbed the foundation. She put it on my face and covered all the bruises. "Thanks," I said and walked downstairs.

I grabbed something to drink and grabbed the drawing I made for Jonah. I put my coat on and went to school. Soon I arrived at school and walked inside. I went to my locker and put the drawing in it. When I closed my locker I saw all my friends standing there.

"Hey," I said and locked my locker. "Are you alright?" Zach asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. Daniel went to check on me," I said. "Okay," Jack, Zach and Jonah said and walked away. I was about to walk away as well but then Daniel stopped me. "Are you okay?" he asked. "No, everything hurts. I used Ashley's foundation to cover the bruises on my face," I said. Then suddenly Daniel gave me a hug. "You don't deserve to go through this," he said and gave me a kiss on the cheek and walked to his classroom. Then I walked to my Art class.

"Today, you need to paint a door that's almost closed. And you need to paint a world behind it that you want to live in," the teacher said. Then I started painting the door with a world with happiness behind it. Then the teacher walked behind me. "It's beautiful. Sad that's your last painting," she said and walked to other tables. I stood up and said: "Wait, what?". She walked back to where I was standing and said: "The school is running out of money. So no more Art, Music and Drama lessons anymore," she said. Then I went back to my table. "Corbs?" I heard Christina say. "I'm fine. Just another door closed" I said and continued with my painting.

 Just another door closed" I said and continued with my painting

Skip to the lunch break

Still Corbyn's POV