Chapter 23

POV Daniel

I woke up by a phone going off. I open my eyes and see that it is my phone. I look at Corbyn and see that he is still sleeping peacefully. I grab the phone from the nightstand and answer it.

"Who is this?" I ask with a heavy voice. "It's Jonah, you could have looked at your ID-caller," he says. "Yeah, I know. But you woke me up," I whisper. "Why are you whispering?" Jonah asks. "Corbyn is still sleeping," I answer. "Oh, okay. I didn't know he was staying over," Jonah says. "It wasn't the plan but he fell asleep at the end of the date," I explain.

"That explains much. I called you because Zach, Jack and I want to start trying to write some songs this afternoon and we need you guys to help us because you and Corbyn know how to write a song," Jonah says. "I'm available this afternoon but I don't know if Corbyn is available," I answer. "Ask him if he is awake and if he isn't available that is not a problem. We can start writing without him," Jonah says.

"Maybe we can use some songs Corbyn has already written," I whisper. "That's a good idea, Daniel. Ask him if that is possible and which one he wants to use and which one not," Jonah says. "Will do. I will call you or text you if I asked Corbyn," I whisper. "Okay, see you soon," Jonah says and hangs up. I put my phone back on the nightstand and go with my hand through Corbyn's soft hair.

After a few minutes, Corbyn stirs in his sleep. "Hey, bubba," I say. "Hey," he says and cuddles more in me. "Slept well?" I ask. "Yeah, your soft," he answers. "Good to know," I say and giggles. "Where you awake for a long time?" he asks but it sounded more like a mumble against my chest. "No, I woke up because Jonah called but that was like 10 minutes ago," I say.

"Why did he call?" he asks. "Jack, Zach and Jonah wanted to try writing a song this afternoon and asked if we also were available," I explain to him. "Did he say a time?" he asks and put his head off my chest. "No, is that a problem?" I ask worriedly. "I have to go to my therapist this afternoon at 2:30," he says. "I will bring you and then I will drive to Jonah's house. Don't worry about not being there," I say and kiss his cheek. "Okay," Corbyn says and put his head on my chest again.

"Also, is it possible to use some of your songs?" I ask and rub his back. "Depends which one because some of them are really personal," Corbyn says and makes shapes on my chest with his finger. "I know, that's why I said to Jonah I would ask which ones we can use and which ones not," I say. "I will choose which one you can use when I get home," Corbyn says. "That's alright babe," I say and we cuddle for a few minutes more.

"We have to get up it is already 11:13. You need to get ready and eat before your appointment," I say and go sit up straight. "I don't want to," Corbyn whines. "Okay, what if I go make lunch and you rest for a few more minutes until lunch is ready," I suggest. "Sounds good," Corbyn says and let go of me so I can go out of bed. "See you in a few," I say and walk downstairs to the kitchen.

I grab the ingredients to make chocolate chip pancakes and start mixing the products together. Then I put oil in the pan and the mix and start making the pancakes. After a while, all the pancakes are done and I go upstairs to get Corbyn out of bed.

When I walk into the room I almost die out of cuteness. I see an asleep Corbyn cuddling with my pillow and it's the cutest thing in the world. And he is mine, something I would have never thought before the situation in the music room. I'm the luckiest man in the world.

I walk op to Corbyn and go sit next to him. I prepped his whole face with kisses and soon Corbyn stirs in sleep.

"Lunch is ready," I say. "A few more minutes," he whines. "But lunch is getting cold," I say. "It can wait for 5 minutes," he says. "What if we make a deal?" I suggest. "Depends what the deal is," he says. "What if you get ready and eat lunch then we can cuddle on the couch and watch Netflix until we have to leave," I say. "Sounds like a good deal," Corbyn says and sits up. "Go get ready and I will see you downstairs," I say and go back downstairs into the kitchen.