Chapter 7

The next morning.

POV Corbyn

I woke up and saw that Ashley was already out of bed. I walked to my wardrobe and chose an outfit where everything was black. Exactly how I feel today.

I went to the bathroom and saw Ashley doing her make-up

I went to the bathroom and saw Ashley doing her make-up. "Hey Ash," I said and did my hair. "Hey Corbs," she said and was now doing her hair as well. "That song that you were singing to me was really beautiful," she said and walked out of the bathroom before I could say something back.

I went downstairs and saw Ashley making her breakfast ready. I went to the couch and grabbed my phone while waiting for Jack. I didn't need to grab my backpack only Zach's drawing because we have a project today.

"Corbs?" Ashley said while sitting down next to me. "Yes?" I said and looked up from my phone. "Do you know that you're really good at drawing and singing?" Ashley asked. "I'm not good at it Ash. I ruin my drawings and my voice is not made for singing," I said to her. "What do you mean your ruin your drawings. Corbyn they're are pure perfection, I wish that I could draw like that. And you can sing Corbyn, your voice is angelic. I heard you singing Corbyn and you are so good at it. Your voice is made for singing," Ashley said with tears in her eyes. "Ashley I can't do anything right. I always ruin things or hurt people. If even my dad hates me, that means that no one will love me. And you're only saying these things because you're my sister," I said and stood up and walked outside.

I texted Jack that I'm walking to school. I was in a few minutes at school and walked inside. I went to my locker and put the drawing in it and went to the lesson. When I was almost at the classroom someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and saw Jonah standing there. "Corbyn I need your help. Can we meet by the locker?" Jonah said. "Sure, meet you then," I said and walked into the classroom and take a seat.

Skip to lunch break

Still Corbyn's POV

Our teacher let us go earlier so we had a table in the cafeteria. I walked to my locker and saw Jonah already standing there. " Hey Jo,  didn't expect you this early," I said and opened my locker and grabbed the drawing for Zach. "Yeah, the teacher let us go earlier," he said and locked his locker.

"Where do you need help with?" I asked while walking to the cafeteria. "My sister has depression and I thought me you can help me a little bit by explaining what it is and how I can help," Jonah said while grabbing his lunch. "Sure," I said and started to explain everything and what he can do about it. "Thanks, I really needed that," Jonah said and gave me a hug. "Hey guys," I heard Jack say. Daniel, Jack and Zach sat down and grabbed their food. "Here Zach, your drawing," I said and gave him the drawing.

 "Here Zach, your drawing," I said and gave him the drawing

"It's amazing, I love it!" Zach said and gave me a hug. "I tried my best but it ism't what I wanted," I said. "It's beautiful, I didn't want it to be different," Zach said and started eating his food. "Corbyn, we are going to have a talk," I heard Ashley say and she grabbed my wrist and pulled me with her. We went outside and no one was there.

"Corbyn about what I said this morning, I meant it. I'm not saying it because I'm your sister, I'm saying it because it's the truth. Corbyn you're so talented, and because our dad hates us doesn't mean that you're not talented. You have an amazing voice that's made for singing and you can draw so good. I wish I was that talented," Ashley said with tears in her eyes. "Ashley, you're talented in your way. Everyone has a different talent and that is what makes them unique. You are so talented in making beautiful pictures. That's your talent!" I said to change the subject about me. She is good at taking pictures that's not a lie. I hugged her and felt my shirt became wet.

You really think I'm good at that?" Ashley asked while looking up at me. I pulled away and looked her in the eyes. "Yeah, I really think that. I'm not even thinking that I know that!" I said. She gave me a hug and said: "You're the best brother ever. What did I do to deserve you?" she said and tightened the hug. "What did I do to deserve you. You are the best sister ever," I said. Then we heard the bell. I gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked to my last lesson for today.

Skip to that the last lesson is over

Still Corbyn's POV

I walked out of the classroom and went to the exit because I had nothing in my locker. When I was outside I saw someone walking next to me. I look at my side and saw Daniel walking there. "Hey Dani," I said. "Hey Corbs. What was that from Ashley about in the lunch break," he asked to me. "Oh, that was about what happened this morning. Nothing to worry about," I said to him. "Okay, see you Monday," he said and walked to the bus stop. I walked further to my house.

When I was finally home I saw that my dad was not at home. I walked inside and went upstairs to make my homework. When I finished my homework I practised the song for the music lesson. When I finished practising the whole song, I saw on the clock that it was already 19:43. I went under the shower and after that, I put my pyjama on.

I went to my bed and was about to watch Netflix when I heard my door being opened. "Hey, can I sleep here tonight?" Ashley asked me. "Of course, come here," I said and putting the place next to me. She laid next to me and asked: "Do you want to sing shallow for me?". I grabbed my guitar and grabbed my phone for the lyrics. Then I started to sing.

Tell me somethin' girl
Are you happy in this modern world?
Or do you need more?
Is there somethin' else you're searchin' for?

I'm falling
In all the good times I find myself longin' for change
And in the bad times, I fear myself

Tell me something boy
Aren't you tired tryin' to fill that void?
Or do you need more?
Ain't it hard keeping it so hardcore?

I'm falling
In all the good times I find myself longing for change
And in the bad times, I fear myself

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now

In the sha-ha-sha-ha-low
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-low
In the sha-ha-sha-ha-ha-low
We're far from the shallow now

Wooaaaah
Woaaaaaaaaaaah

I'm off the deep end, watch as I dive in
I'll never meet the ground
Crash through the surface, where they can't hurt us
We're far from the shallow now

In the sha-ha-sha-ha-low
In the sha-ha-sha-la-la-la-low
In the sha-ha-sha-ha-ha-low
We're far from the shallow now

When I finished the song I heard snores from below me. I put my guitar away and laid down again. Ashley cuddled into me and we both fell asleep.

I hope you guys liked this chapter. I won't update a lot this week because I have a lot of tests that I need to study for.

So here you have a new chapter and we will see if I'm going to update or not.

Let me know what you think

-xxx- Bella

1361 words