Chapter 20

Hey guys I'm back😂

Flashback

We started talking but then something happened. Corbyn's heart monitor went off and alarms were heard. We looked at his heart monitor and saw that Corbyn's heart stopped beating. Soon doctors came inside and we got shoved out of the room.

End of Flashback

POV Daniel

We were now standing in the hallway and I was freaking out. "What if something bad happens and I lose him forever," I said and broke down. I felt two strong arms around me and brought me to the waiting room. "Corbyn will be alright Daniel. Corbyn is so strong and he is not giving up on you," Jonah said and I looked up. "You don't know that Jonah. I feel so bad! I should have been there for him but I wasn't. This is all my fault," I said and brought my knees up to my chest and put my head between it. "Daniel this is not your fault! He felt like this because of his dad! Believe me, you will get the chance to make him yours," Jonah said and hugged me tightly.

"Corbyn Besson," I heard someone say. I looked up and saw a nurse standing there. "Yes," I said and stood up. "We think it is for you guys to come back tonight," she said. "How is he doing?" Zach asked. "We got his heart to beat again but it goes really slow. There is a big chance that it will happen again. We are now gonna do some tests and we will see you all tonight, "she said and walked away. "Come on Daniel. Let's go home," Jack said. Jonah picked me up in bride style and brought me to the car and went back home.

When we arrived home, we walked inside and sat down on the couch. And again I was crying on Jonah's shoulder. "He is strong Daniel. He is not going to let you go," Zach said. "Yeah, you will get the chance to make him all yours," Jack added. "Thanks guys, for being there for me," I said. "Do you wanna watch a movie or do something else to make the time go fast?" Jonah asked. "Yeah," I said. Jack stood up and grabbed the remote control and opened Netflix on the TV. "Which movie?" Jack asked. "Five feet apart," I said. (A/N I cried at the end of the movie but it was a really good movie). Jack put the movie on and Zach grabbed some snacks.

Skip until they went to the hospital again.

Still Daniel's POV

We were now back at the hospital. They said that we could go inside again. "Daniel, we give you some time alone. We will join later. "Okay," I said and walked inside. Corbyn looked so pale and I still felt so bad and guilty. But I also wanna teach his dad a lesson. He is going to regret what he did to Corbyn. I said down next to him and hold his hand.

"I know I walked away when I saw you but it was not because I hated you it was because I was scared about......." I whispered, my lips brushing against Corbyn's knuckles. "About, that you would do something bad to yourself and I shouldn't have run out of the room but I should have helped you," I said and a tear slipped down my cheek and I brushed it away with my shoulder. "I really wanted to help but I was so scared Corbyn. I need you Corbyn. I need you so much." I said pressed another kiss to Corbyn's knuckles. "I'm ready to put our friendship on the line because what we have at the moment is not a proper friendship, not like we used to have. Either way, I can't go on like this. I can't go on pretending everything's okay when it's not. I also can't lose you, not like this. Not here and with so much unsaid between us. I want to make you mine so please wake up so that I can ask you to be my boyfriend" I said and kissed his cheek. Then the boys walked also inside and also said things to Corbyn what they love about him.

Beep.

I heard the sound and looked up and I saw that his heartbeat went slower. I squeezed my eyes shut and shook my head. "No, don't do this," Jonah said.

Beep.

"Please Corbyn, don't do this. Don't do this." Zach said.

Beep Beep.

"I love you," I cried. "I love you so much so please don't do this!" I said.

Beep beep beep beep beep.

Openly crying, I let one of the orderlies push me back to the door. "Please Corbyn," Jack begged quietly. "Please don't leave me," I said. "Charge to 200 joules. Clear!" they said. Corbyn's back arched. "Patient's heartbeat still not back!" The nurse called back. I wrapped my arms around my chest, sobbing. "Come on Corbyn," Jonah said. "Ready to shock, clear!" they said again. Corbyn's back arched again but the beeping continued mockingly. "Increase the adrenalin by one measure. Charging, clear!" They said and Corbyn's back arched again. "Increasing the adrenalin," the nurse informed the room. "Come on Corbyn," I begged. "Please, stop doing this," Zach said. One of the attendants was now performing chest compressions. The doctor readied the paddles again. "Charging... clear!" they said again and Corbyn's back arched again but the beeping refused to stop.

"We're at maximum dosage," the nurse advised. The doctor nodded grimly and readied the paddles once more. "Charging... clear!" they said. Corbyn's back arched again. "Come on, come on, come on, come on, come," Jack chanted, trembling from head to foot. The doctor put down the paddles and pulled out a pen light and a stethoscope. After a few moments of listening to Corbyn's chest and flashing the light in his eyes. "I don't think we can do any more. I'm going to call time of..." the doctor said. "NO!!!" I shrieked. "No! One more time, please! Just one more time please!" Zach begged and rushed forward and grabbed her coat pleadingly. "Please, just try one more time!" Jonah said. "I can't-" she started to say. "Please, quickly, just one more time. I beg you please!" I said. "He's still showing a low tachycardia rhythm," the nurse murmured. "Came back two shocks ago," she added and looked torn. "Please," I sobbed. "Please, one more try!" Jack begged. "I could lose my job..." she started. "I won't tell!" Zach said. The three attendants also shook their heads. Sighing, the doctor raised the paddles. "Charge to 200 joules!" she said again. The machine whirred and I scrambled backwards. "Ready to shock! Clear!" they said and Corbyn's back arched again. Every set of eyes immediately stared at the heart monitor. "Come on, come on, come on," Jonah pleaded. I couldn't even see the green line, my tears blurring my vision too much, but I could hear the alarm. Seconds dragged past but nothing changed. All the attendants looked down at their feet. "NO!" I screamed. "I'm sorry," the doctor said. "But I'm calling time of death at..."

I hope y'all liked it!

Let me know what you think!!

I will update tomorrow again!! (don't know which time but if you have suggestions on which time let me know)

-xxx- Bella