Chapter 38

*buzz*

I groan as I reach for my phone on my nightstand. Stupid phone disturbing my very nice nap.

Alec🤓~
Im abt 10 min frm ur house. Hope ur redy😚
received 19:45pm

Oh shoot!! I totally forgot I have to meet the Grey's tonight. As safely as possible,I jump out the bed,apply some deodorant,brush my teeth and change into my long sleeved wool dress that reaches my knees and my black pumps.

I quickly brush my hair and throw it up in a messy bun before carefully applying mascara and lip gloss. I spritz some perfume on me before grabbing my phone and make my way downstairs.

Just as I step on the last step,Alec's horn beeps from outside. Mentally patting myself on the back for getting ready on time I walk to his car.

"What's up?" I greet before kissing him on the cheek.

"The sky" He deadpans. He doesn't even last a few seconds before bursting out laughing. I laugh too and punch him on his arm.

"Stupid" I mutter. "Anyways,how was your day?" I ask,genuinely curious.

He groans. "Boring as fuck. All I got was a pile of shitty homework which by the way,your going to help me with. Yours?"

"Uneventful" I lie. Why? Because if I told him what happened,he'd want to know everything and I don't want to tell him Cole and I kissed.

"Well,it's about to get eventful because Cole is forced to attend this dinner" He snorts.

"His dad forced him?" I ask.

"Yup. It was quite a night yesterday because there was a lot of yelling. Cole stormed out and never came back in the morning. He wasn't even at school today. I guess he was really pissed to not attend school all the while knowing what his father could do if he found out he skipped" He explained. I nod as everything starts to make sense.

So that's why he came to my house drunk last night. It was because he had fought with his father and decided to go grab some drinks to cool off but ended up driving to my house.

The rest of the drive is in silence,the both of us lost in our thoughts. The radio is playing Beyonce's Black Parade. I make a mental note to download the song when I get back home.

My nerves start acting up as Alec parks his car. My palms begin sweating and my breathing quickens.

"Lucy" Alec says. I turn my head and face him with a nervous smile. He gives me a reassuring one. "Don't be nervous. My mom is going to love you"

"What about Mr. Grey?" I breathe.

"Mehh" He shrugs. "He is a tough cookie to crack but I'm sure he won't dislike you" Hw says ans I nod,absorbing the information.

"Okay. I trust you" I huff.

"Good" He grins. He climbs out the car and jogs over to my side to open the door.

I mumble a thank you as I take his hand out the car. We climb up the porch and Alec prys the door open.

The smell of cinnamon and starch overwhelms me as soon as I step inside. It is quite warm in here too. If I thought the exterior of the house was beautiful then I have another thing coming because the interior is...G O R G E O U S!!

"Mom!" Alec yells,giving me a fright.

Soon,a petite lady walks out from what I'm guessing the kitchen,wearing an apron over a white blouse and some black jeans. Her blonde hair sits in a very neat bun,not even a hair is out of place unlike mine. Big glasses frame her heart shaped face with big warm blue eyes. She is beautiful.

She beams once she sees us before making her way to us. She grabs Alec by the cheeks and gives him a big smooch on the lips and I giggle at the act.

"Hey baby" She coos while squeezing his cheeks. One glance at my giggling form has him blushing.

"Mom" He groans before gently prying her hands of his face then rubs his sore cheeks. "I'm not a little boy anymore"

"Oh hush. Just because your a grown man doesn't mean you'll stop being my baby" She says then her gaze to mine. "Oh hi. You must be Lucy. I'm Ella Grey. This guy's mom" She introduces before wrapping her small arms around me.

"Nice to meet you,Mrs. Grey" I say politely  and hug her back.

"Oh no silly. Call me Ella" She giggles before she notices the growing bump. "Oh my. Hello there baby" She says in a baby voice as she gently rubs my belly. "How far along are you?"

"I'm turning 7 months next week" I answer,grinning.

"Ncaww" She turns and glares at Alec. "Why didn't you tell me your girlfriend was pregnant? I would've prepared more food for the baby" She scolds him. We both blush at her thought.

"Oh uhm Mrs. Grey-I mean Ella,we're not together" I correct her.

"Yet" Alec adds.

"Oh you young ones. Well,you better hurry up son before someone snatches her. I wouldn't be surprised because she is really beautiful" She says. "Shoo. Shoo. Go sit down. Dinner will be ready in minute" We laugh before walking to the dinner table.

"Your mom is a sweetheart" I comment,already missing her presence.

No wonder Mr. Grey married this woman. She is very sweet and is bubbly. I guess it makes sense for them to be together.

"Not when she throws a heel at you" He mumbles and I laugh.

"She threw a shoe at you! I can already imagine seeing her scolding you then bam next thing you know a shoe is landing on your face" I laugh harder. Oh I would pay to see that.

"It's really not funny,Lucy" He mutters.

"It is" I wheeze. "It really is"

"Well besides the horrible beatings that I've received in my life,she means a lot to me. I don't know where I'd be without her" He smiles as adoration swims in his eyes.

I can tell Alec really loves his mother. From the look in his eyes to the way he speaks to her. It makes me think of my own mother. I really love and appreciate her. She has been there for me through everything I've gone through in my life.

From falling of my bike when I was three,my first breakup in middle school when I was 13,my first period when I was 15 to now. Never once has she turnt her back on me,even when I turned mine on her.

The sound of a chair being roughly pulled out brings me back to reality. A scowling Cole plants himself on the chair infront of me and begins furiously typing on his phone.

A few minutes later,as Ella is placing plates of food infront of us,a huge man walks in a sits down at the head of the table. Jet black hair with white hair sits ontop his head and a permanent scowl is etched on his face,similar to the boy infront of me. His grey eyes and jaw are sharp accompanied by full lips,just like Cole.

It's creepy how Cole took almost everything from his father. The looks and the behaviour,almost. He wears a crisp grey suit that looks as though it was tailored on him,for him. This guy is scary as fuck. No wonder Cole is scared of him.

"Hello there Ms. Banes. I'm Spencer Grey but you can call me Mr. Grey" He says formally nodding at me.

"Pleased to me you,Mr. Grey. Thank you for having me in your home tonight" I keep my voice as levelled and serious (just like him) as possible.

He nods again. I think that was him approving me! "Alec,are you sure you want someone who is pregnant with another boy's baby as your girlfriend?"

I take back what I said about him approving me.