Chapter 19

"But why does he hate you so much when you practically saved his life" I whisper, my brain still not grasping the information it recieved.

"Because I saw him vulnerable and weak, Lucy. He doesn't like being like that or seen like that. Cole is a very secretive person. He is hiding a lot of secrets and it's starting to get unhealthy. I would've tried speaking to him but I know he'd never listen to me. Maybe you could use this opportunity to make him open up and let everything out"

"But how?" I ask already frustrated with everything. I grab a fistful of my hair and groan. I can already feel the headache coming.

"Now that, is something you have to figure out by yourself. I unfortunately can't help you there" He shrugs. I sigh and move on the bed so I lay on my back.

Damn pregnancy back aches are killing me.

For the rest of the night,we eat in silence before getting ready for bed and get some sleep. The party dimmed down as we fall into a pool of darkness.

》》

"Hey, Lucy. Hey" A hoarse voice ahispers in my ear. I mumble incoherently and swat the person away before turning my big body and face away.

"LUCY!!" The voice yells. I spring up looking around confused and rub my eyes and yawn.

"I'm up. I'm up" I mumble. I glare at the idiot,which turns out to be Alec, and glare at his stupid pretty face. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Why would you disturb my peaceful sleep?" I snap. He smirks and holds his hands out in surrender.

"It's two in the afternoon, Lu. I don't think your brother would appreciate you sleeping any longer" He says and I roll my eyes.

"He doesn't give two shits about me, Al. The day he does would be the day the world will end. And I don't think that's happening anytime soon" I remark, climbing out my comfy bed. My eyes fly over to the door that is wide open with my hurt brother standing by it.

I'm guessing he heard exactly everything I said. Well that sucks.

"And that's my cue to leave" Alec mutters to no one in particular and grabs his stuff. "See you Monday!" He calls out before rushing out.

The moment ae hear Alec's car roar away, an awkward silence fills the room. The tension building up and suffocating us. We haven spoken in five months. Yes, it's been that long. I'm confused as to why he wants to speak to me now? Why didn't he do it five months ago? Hell, I should be asking Cole that as well.

I shift the weight on my feet and play with my fingers as I stare at my toes like they are the most interesting thing in the world.
I feel nervous all of a sudden. I hope he doesn't expect me to just forgive him for going completely silent on me. He was and is supposed to be there for me. Help me pick myself up because I sure as hell can't do it alone and my parents are too busy with work and can't afford to miss any more days now that I'm pregnant.

I've put so much weight on my family and it's killing me.

"Lucy.." He starts before rushing to me and engulfing me in the warmth I've missed so much. Too shocked about what's happening, I don't realise I'm crying.

I hug him back and break out into sobs.

"I'm so sorry, Lucy. I'm so so sorry" He cries. "I should have been there for you. I shouldn't have shut you out like that when you need me most. I'm so fucking sorry, Lucy"

We pull away sniffling like we've got the flu and wipe out eyes dry. I take the time to check on his well being. Luke doesn't look too well. His hair is a mess and is greasy as though it does not get washed. His face is blotchy, red and puffy but well, I know why. His posture is another story. It's slouched and tired with his shoulders hunching forward. This is not my big brother.

"Ar-are you okay?" I ask after taking in his ill form.

"Yeah. I'm okay" He is lying. "Are you?"

Deciding to ignore it, I nod. He will tell me what's killing him when he is ready.

"I just want to know why, Luke? Why did you just, push me away like that when in actual fact, I'm the one who has to do that?" I ask,sitting down on my bed. He sits down next to me and sighs.

"I was disappointed" He says and I look at him. "In myself. I failed to protect you as your big brother. I should have tried harder to protect because I know how boys are. I know how we can be a bunch of scumbags to girls like you" He completes.

"It's okay, Luke. You did what you could. You couldn't have prevented this from happening, you don't have that much strength. I just wih you told me so I know that I need to give you some space but shutting me out wasn't the option" I tell him.

He nods. "I know. I just couldn't help but blame myself for all of this"

"I know" I sigh heavily.

"I know how much this question must be pissing you off but I'll just ask for the last time, okay?" He asks and I nod. "Do you think you'll ever tell me who the asshole is?"

I give him a sad look and shake my head. He nods,understanding that I will never tell him. Not willingly.

"Okay" He sighs through his nose. "I hope you can forgive me, Lucy. It was stupid of me and it shouldn't have taken this long for me to talk to you again or forgive myself" He says.

"I forgive you, Luke. I have for a long time because I understand how you feel. But it will take some time before we go back to the way things were. It will be hard for me to tell you something without being scared that you will snap and give me the silent treatment again" I say. He nods and wraps an arm around my neck and kisses me head.

Maybe the world is ending sooner than I thought.