Chapter 20

For the rest of the day, I spend it helping Luke clean the house. After cleaning, we spend the rest of the afternoon lounging around and sharing old memories that make us laugh until our stomachs hurt.

"What is going on between you and that blondie that was here?" He asks, his voics suggestive and teasing.

"Nothing" I blush, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh shit! You like him!" He exclaims and raors with laughter. My face turns even redder at the true accusation.

"Shut up!" I groan and playfully shove him.

"It's okay. I don't mind, monkey bars. Just as long as he doesn't break your heart then me and him are cool" He chuckles. Ruffling my hair, he gets up and walks to the kitchen. Probably to get some snacks.

My phone beeps in my pocket and I fish it out.

Unknown
Hey
received 14:45pm

Who in heavens name could this be? I swear  if Alec is trying to prank me I'm going to strangle him. But what if it's not Alec but some weird fat dude eating a greasy burger, who has been stalking me for years?

Okay, I'm over thinking this. Just reply and ask who it is.

Me
Uhm who is this?
sent 14:46pm

Is this a good message to send to an unknown person? Maybe I should've said hi back then ask who it is. Ugh! I should not even care. It's a stranger for Pete's sake.

I wait for a reply but recieve none so I shrug it off and watch The Croods that is playing on the tv.

"Are you kidding me, Lucy?" Luke groans. "We've watched this so many times!" He complains, dropping a packet of popcorn and a fizzy drink on my lap.

"But it's a good movie and I hear there is going to be a second movie" I defend, popping my drink open and take a swig.

"Yeah but why do we have to watch it again?" He whines.

"Don't be such a baby, Luke" I playfully scold.

"I'm not the one with a hump in the room" He jokes and I laugh.

"It's too soon to be joking about this but this one was funny" I laugh. He snorts and presses a button to change the movie. He puts on Coraline-my all time favourite-and reluctantly lets it play. I guess the tv is on my side today.

"Why are your stupid cartoons playing right now?" He groans and I snicker.

"Luck is not on your side Luke" I say. "See what I did there?" I smirk. He blankly blinks at me and sighs.

"Very funny. Very funny, Lucy" He mumbles. I snort and chug my drink. So refreshing.

"So are you going to tell him?" Luke speaks again after a few minutes into the movie.

"Who?" I ask.

"Alec"

"About what?" I play dumb. I know he is talking about me liking Alec. I don't want to tell him because I'm scared it will ruin our friendship.

I value it too much for me to risk it for feelings I'm not sure are reciprocated. Alec is ofcourse the only friend I have and to lose him would be devastating. He is the only one who has accepted my condition and believed my side of the story even though he had no reason to. If I lose someone like him as a friend, then I would have no one to lean on at school or when my family is not available.