Chapter 10

The ride home is tense but I'm to numb to care. As soon as we stepped out of Dr. Collin's office, I went numb again. Mom had tears running down her face as mine dry out.

When we got home, I went straight to my room and cried myself to sleep again.

》》

I wake up a few hours later, my eyes feeling heavy and swollen from the crying. My lips are chapped and my face is flushed.

I splash my face with water in my bathroom sink then dab it dry with my face cloth.

I take deep breaths and shake my head a bit then walk downstairs to the kitchen. It's dark outside and my father must be back from work and my mom must be making dinner.

Mom must've heard me coming down the stairs because she turned and gave me a smile that didn't reach her eyes.

"C-can I help you with anything?" I whisper with a hoarse and rough voice. She nods and motions to the tomato and onion that lay on the chopping board.

I wash my hands before chopping the tomato.

"How do you feel, sweetie?" She asks after a short moment that consisted of an awkward silence.

"I'm fine" I mumble.

I'm so disgusted with myself right now.

"No your not" She says sternly and narrows her eyes at me.

"Mom, how do you think I feel? Ofcourse I don't feel fine. How would you feel if you were in my shoes? I feel like shit, that's how I feel" I snap, the sound of the knife violently hitting the chopping board echoing through the kitchen.

"Don't talk to me like that, young lady. Just because your pre-" She stops talking when my dad walks in and stirs the rice in the pot again.

"What's going on?" He asks, leaning on the counter.

"We'll tell you during dinner" Mom simply says.

I gulp. The thought of what's about to happen has me feeling nervous and scared. No matter how nicely my mother breaks the news to the rest of the family,they won't take this gently.

I'm fucked.

An hour later, dinner is ready and we're all seated around the table. Dad sitting at the head of the table,mom sitting beside him and Luke beside mom. I sit beside my dad on his right side.

"So what is it that you have to tell us?" Dad asks, breaking the silence. Luke looks up in curiosity and confusion as he stares at mom and I. His eyes lingering on me for some seconds.

Mom sighs and shuts her eyes then opens them again and looks directly into dad's green eyes.

"Lucy hasn't been feeling well lately and so I took her to the doctor today. We found out some pretty surprising news when we were there" She says, her eyes already welling up with tears.

I hang my head in shame as I prepare for what's about to happen.

"Lucy's pregnant" Mom says, a sob escaping past her lips as she looks at my brother and father. I'm scared to even look up and sobs are starting to choke my throat.

I'm a disappointment to this family.

"WHAT?!" Both men yell. I finally look up with my slightly blurry eyes and find my brother and father glaring at me.

"Tell me this is some sick joke, Lucy" Dad seethes, his nose flaring in anger.

"I-it was a m-mistake" I sob. Oh god. I feel so horrible right now.

"A MISTAKE!!" Luke roars, abruptly standing up,throwing his chair back from the force. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN A MISTAKE!!"

"Explain your self, Lucy!!" Dad yells and I flinch,sobs coming out my mouth.

"I was b-being stupid. I was naive and I re-regret it. I shouldn't have l-let it happen. I'm so sorry, Dad. I'm so so sorry" I cry and dash to my room.

I land on the floor with my knees and cry. My body shakes and violently jerks with my sobs.

I'm crying so hard I didn't hear my family walk in my room. They all rush to me and mom pulls me into her chest.

"I'm so sorry. I'm so stupid and I'm disappointed in myself for letting it happen. I'm so sorry. Im so sor-" I get cut of by another sob and mom rubs my back in a comforting way.

"It's okay, sweetie. It's okay. Shh,it's okay" Mom whispers in my ear.

I pull away once I've settled down. Hiccups attack me as I furiously wipe my eyes.

My family's eyes are filled with concern and sadness,making feel even more disappointed.

"When did it happen?" Luke asks.

"Saturday during your party" I hiccup.

"I told you Lucy. I told you to stay in your room yet you insisted on coming out. I told you I wanted nothing bad happening to you and look what happened. This is all my fault" He mumbles, running a hand through his hair.

"It's not your fault, Luke. You were just trying to be a good brother and let your sister have some fun. This isn't your fault, neither is it your fault, Lucy" Mom reassures us but Luke scoffs.

"A good brother would've prevented this from happening. I'm no good brother" He says and storms out. I hear his bedroom door slam shut, shaking the whole house.

"You guys must be so disappointed in me" I mumble, glancing at both my parents.

"I'm not going to lie to you and tell you we are not because we are. We didn't expect something like this from you. From Luke? Sure, but you?" Dad speaks for the first time and shakes his head. My dad has been silent and lost in his thoughts ever since he came into my room. "No. We are a bit mad about this but we understand that mistakes happen. These things happen and we just have to deal with it"

"Your father's right, sweetie. This one mistake doesn't make us love you any less. Your still our baby girl and nothing is going to change that" Mom says softly, her hands on my cheeks and his thumb wiping my tears.

"Are you going to keep it?" Dad asks and I sigh.

"Would it be wrong if I said yes?" I ask and they shake their heads.

"No, sweetie. It's your choice"

"We'll support you with whatever you decide to do"

"I want to keep it"

A/N

So sorry about the short chapters😆💙 I promise the ones that will follow will be longer🤗

Please vote,comment and share my book.

Love yall
Fezikhumalo ❤❤