Chapter 31

"Where have you been!? We searched the whole freakin town for you! Tell me where you were!" My dad yells as soon as I step into the house.

"I was at the arcade" I answer measly,trembling in my sandles.

"Lucy,I swear. If you don't tel-" He gets cut of by mom gently placing her small hand on his large shoulder and squeezing it.

"Calm down honey" She coos in his ear. Ugh. "Where were you sweetie? Luke said he searched everywhere but he couldnt find you. He even went to Alec's house,which turns out to be Cole Grey's house but he still didn't find you there" Mom asks slowly walking towards me.

"I was in a private pond. I just wanted to be alone and take a breather from everything. I just want to be able to breathe mom. I feel like I'm suffocating. I can't breathe mom. I can't breathe mom" I sob and collapse on the ground. Both of my worried parents rush over to me and comfort me.

They rub my back and mumble sweet words in my ear. Telling me that everything is going to be okay. But that's thing,it's not. It keeps getting worse and worse. I'm sinking deeper and I don't know who will be able to help me out.

》》

Dinner. The worst part of the day. Why? Because that's when the whole family gathers around and speak about problems they had during the day. Usually it is nice but right now I feel like diving into my sheets and sleep all my problems away. But ofcourse. Nothing ever goes my way.

"Mom,did you end up finding out where Lucy was?" Luke says,speaking as if I wasn't sitting infront of him.

"I'm right here you know" I tell him. He glares at me and I shut my mouth.

He is pissed. Very pissed. A pissed Luke isn't a nice Luke. He can get very scary when he wants to.

"Mom. I asked you a question" He emphasises the you as if telling me that he doesn't feel like speaking to me right now.

Ouch.

"She said she was in a private pond" Mom simply answers,sipping on her juice.

"Why?"

"Luke" Dad hisses. "She said she was in a private pond and that's it. Don't question why. Maybe the reason she was there in the first place was because of you"

"What!" He yells. "What did I do? I didn't do anything. It's probably one of those kids at her school. They most definitely said something mean to her like they always do and that's why ran away"

My eyes snap up and I glare at Luke. How dare he tell mom and dad that? I had asked him to keep it a secret until I've started college but NOO  he had to go ahead and open his big fat mouth. What the hell is wrong with him? Now mom and dad are going to start question me and pity me. They are going to pester me about going to therapy and stuff. I just cannot believe Luke would throw me under the bus like that.

"What?" Mom's soft voice breaks the silence. "Lucy,what is your brother talking about?"

"It's nothing mom" I reassure her but she doesn't look convinced.

"Lucy Banes. Tell us the truth right now and don't even think of leaving anything out" Dad snaps,his eyes narrowed at me in warning.

My lips quaver as a shaky breath escapes my lips. "What Luke just unapologetically said is true. My doctor is actually this other girl's aunt and she spoke to her mom about me. The girl then found out and spread the news about me at school. From there,the bullying started.

I was the reject of the school and I supposedly carry many diseases. One of the reasons why you guys haven't been seeing Nora. She turned her back on me and took sides with the rest of the school. She didn't even give me a chance to explain but she went on and believed what the girl said. Alec is my one and only friend. He was new. They obviously told him about me but he didn't believe them. Though he did see my huge belly from the sweatshirt I was wearing.

They called me ugly names,mom. Names that are usually said to a prostitute and they always subjected me. Notes of many disgusting names would pour out my locker and disgusted looks are always thrown my way. The reason you don't always find me after school Luke is because I leave before the end of the day.

I leave to that private pond to breathe and gather myself together. To atleast feel better. It's very peaceful there. Nobody knows about the pond and I'd like to keep it that way. It's the only place where I can escape from human beings and just be with nature. I go there to let it out. It's my happy place" I sob.

I grab my plate and storm to the kitchen. I drop the plate in the sink and make my way to my room. I pray none of them follow me as I close my door,change into my sleepwear and climb into my bed.

I sob my heart out for the second time today and clutch on the blankets as my tears soak the pillow beneath my head.

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter Marshmallows 💙💙 I promise to make the next chapter as interesting as possible. Maybe.

Love yall
Fezikhumalo ❤❤