Chapter 2

I rush out the school doors after making a quick stop at my locker. The wind whistles and blows my hair like crazy as I make my way to my brother, the sun roughly kissing my skin. Students lounge around the parking lot talking and laughing as others climb in their cars.

I jump in beside my brother and throw my bag near my feet.

"What's up, Monkey Bars?" Luke says,ruffling my hair,messing it up even more. I frown at his actions and pat my hair to seem somewhat put together.

"Hey Baboons Butt" I retort. He glares at me and I stick my tongue out at him.

He chuckles and shakes his head. Like me, Luke has brown locks that have been trimmed on the side and brown eyes. He is known to be quite the ladies man by using these 'looks' of his. Honestly my brother is pretty hot to other girls but to me he looks like a toe. A big and ugly toe.

"I sometimes wonder how your eighteen years old" He mumbles and drives away from school.

"I wonder how your twenty years old yet your still living with your parents and throw parties for highschool kids" I mutter and face out the window.

"Whatever"

The trees, people and buildings blur as we drive past them. I start noticing how Luke isn't taking the road back home.

I turn my body so I'm facing him.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"The grocery store. Mom gave me a list of things to buy" He answers and I nod and turn my body away again.

》》

"Okay Monkey Bars, you know the rule. No coming out your room" Luke warns me for the hundreth time today and I roll my eyes.

"Unfortunately I am going to be present in your lame party. Don't worry, I don't actually want to be there, Nora is forcing me to. Something about it being our last year in highschool and all that jazz" I mumble.

I walk into my closet to search for an outfit for tonight.

The days flew by and yesterday I came back home from school slightly annoyed over the fact that people won't shut up about Luke's party. I mean what's so exciting about his parties anyways? Aren't they the same as any other party? What makes his so different?

Luke throws a party almost everytime our parents are away for their job. My parents are well known laywers who have represented many important people. Luckily though, my parents aren't those absent parents who don't give an ounce of attention to their kids. They told their boss that they'd quit their job if he turns them into neglecting parents.

Yeah our parents are very loving.

And yes, they know about Luke's parties.

"What? No. That's not happening" He snaps, stomping into my closet.

"Yes it is, Luke" I say.

"No it's not" He grits through his teeth. Did I forget to mention that my brother has a very short fuse? He is overprotective over me. Something about me being his baby sister. Brothers.

"Why don't you want me to be there anyways? Why won't you ever let me have fun?" I whine. He huffs and rolls his eyes.

"Reasons Lucy! Reasons!" He yells.

"Well what are those reasons!?" I yell back, throwing my hands in the air.

"I don't want anything bad happening to you. I'd rather you whine about being bored than to have something bad happen to you at one of my parties. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something happened to you" He sighs and runs a hand through his hair.

"Nothing bad will happen, Luke. You'll be there and I'll be with Nora the whole night" I reassure him, wrapping my arms around his torso.

His arms snake around me and give me a squeeze. Luke and I have always been close. Sure we fight, all siblings do, but we love each other to death. We are like twins except Luke would be my total opposite.

"Okay fine" He says, groaning. "As long as you don't touch any form of alcohol. Dad would kill me if he found out that he's only daughter got shit drunk under my supervision" He says. I squeal and peel myself of him.

"Really?" I grin, placing my fists on my mouth.

"I'm already regretting this" He mumbles, walking out my room. Probably to go set up.

I text Nora and tell her to come over so we can get ready together. I mean, this is my first and will be my last party at Crossford High.

》》

Many hours later, Nora and I are dressed and ready to face the party commencing downstairs. From how loud it is, I can already tell that alot of people are here. The bass of the song Youngblood by 5 Seconds of Summer vibrates through the walls of the house. The walls are literally shaking.

"Okay, we have to wait an hour or so before we walk out" Nora says, prodding her boobs to practically spill out of her red body con dress with a very low cut and a slit on her left leg. The dress may be on the verge of showing her ass but it still looks good on her. If I were to wear that then...yeah. Let's not even think about it.

I'm wearing a black velvet dress with straps that reaches mid thigh. Yes, my boobs are out for the world to see but not that visible like Nora's. I have black strap heels on that are thankfully not that high.

If I was wearing Nora's heels, I would've probably broken both my ankles and my nose.

I asked Nora to keep my make-up as minimum as possible. Rolling her eyes at my request, she just applied mascara and eyeliner that was winged in perfection. I stuck to lip gloss for my lips and my hair is cascading in it's natural waves down my back.

"Why?" I ask, tugging the dress downwards. I've never worn a dress this short. Like, If I were to bend down my black lace would definitely show. This wasn't a good idea.

"So we can be fashionably late, duh" She answers, rolling my eyes as if I asked the dumbest question known to mankind.

"And why exactly do we have to be late in a fashionable way? Why can't we just walk out?" I ask. I know I might be annoying right now but it's the nerves speaking. Not me.

"That way, everybody's attention will be on us, Lucy. We will be the jaw droppers of tonight" She says. A wave of nausea hits me as I process her words.

Everybody's attention will be on us?

Everybody as in the whole party?

Everybody as in Cole too?

Oh I think I'm going to be sick.

"Relax Lucy, it'll just be for tonight" She tries, keyword being tries, to reassure me.

"Yeah. Okay" I breathe and nod. I'm already sweating and terribly regretting my decision of attending Luke's party.

This was really a bad idea.

"Okay, it's time" Nora squeals, making me feel even more sick. Why did I agree to this again?

She hooks our arms together and begins walking to the door. I start panicking and rip my arm out her hold and pace around my room,a hand on my forehead.

"I..I don't think I can do this,Nora. I'm scared like the devil in church and I'm sweating like a fat dude on a tread mill. I'm not ready to face the people downstairs" More importantly, I'm not ready to face Cole.

"Lucy get yourself together and stop being such a chicken. You'll be okay. I'm going to be with you the whole night, remember?" She says and I nod.

After calming my breathing, I hook our arms again and give her a smile. She nods encouragingly and grins before opening the door and stepping out with me practically walking like a new born deer.

I curse that dude who invented these evil things.