Chapter 21

Monday is here and I'm dreading going to school as usual. As I get dressed, I can't help but feel like something is going to happen today. Something either good or bad.

I shake the feeling off and make my way to the kitchen for breakfast. The smell of bacon and eggs has me drooling in hunger. I'm so intoxicated by the smell of food I didn't even notice my mother standing infront of the stove with an apron draped over her frame and a spatula in her hand.

"Ahh fuck!" I yell then clamp my mouth shut with my palms.

"Language young lady" She scolds and glares at me.

"Mom, you scared me" I breathe, trying to calm my racing heart down and make my way to her and hug her. "When did you guys come back? I didn't even hear you come in"

"About two am or something but it was very late and you wouldn't have noticed because when you sleep, you die" She says and snorts at the end.

I roll my eyes. "Okay" I huff. "When will breakfast be ready?"

"Soon" She answers and goes back to frying the bacon.

I chuckle and walk around the counter and take a seat.

"Did you and Luke talk?" She asks, her voice void of playfulness and I nod respectively.

"Yes. He came to me the morning after his party and we fixed things" I tell her. She nods and sets a plate of food infront of me and a glass of OJ.

"That's good because if he didn't, I would have dragged him by his ears and forced him to" I laugh and shove a fork of eggs in my mouth.

"I know you would, mom. Your quite the crazy woman" I tease. She slaps me with the dish cloth and grins.

"You didn't tell anyone about what I told you, right?" I ask, destroying the light and playful mood and replacing it with a serious one.

"What did you tell her?" Dad asks, walking in the kitchen. He gives mom a smooch and I cringe before he ruffles my hair. "Morning"

"Nothing" I say. He nods and steals a piece of bacon from my plate with a wink and walks to the living room and I scowl his back.

I inhale the rest of my breakfast and wait for Alec's car to pull up.

Five minutes of staring into space, I hear his obnoxious music and loud horn outside and make my way to his car.

"Morning" He greets after lowering the volume and grins. I blush a little and throw my bag in the back.

"Hey" I reply. "Your in a good mood" I point out.

"Am I not allowed to?" He asks, pressing his foot on the accelerator and drives us to school.

"No I'm just saying" I snort and buckle up. Safety first.

"I'm just really happy" He shrugs. I shake my head with a smile and gaze out the window to the moving scenery outside.

People are up and ready for work, kids are unhappy that the week has begun again and are still tired from their weekend. Some joggers are out and are already sweating rivers. All of this makes me think of how my life would be if I didn't attend Luke's party and didn't fall pregnant.

I would be making my way to school with my snake of a best friend and singing along to the annoying music she likes so much. Luke and I would be as close as glue and paper and I would have been happy and content with my life. Nora would tell me about her weekend with her new boy toy and I'd tell her I was in my room reading or watching movies the whole time. But with all of this, would I have been friends with Alec?

Would I?

"Hey" Alec calls, poking my shoulder. I snap out of my thoughts and realise that we have arrived at the hellhole aka school. "Your zoning out on me, Lu. It's creeping me out because you didn't blink the whole ride to here and I have been calling you for atleast five minutes. Are you possessed?" He asks and I glare at him.

"I'm going to castrate you, Al" I snap. His face pales a little as he nods.

"Yup, your still with us and not somewhere in the demon realm" He mumbles and climbs out the car before I can even slap him.

Following him inside the building, we walk to our lockers. Just as I walk past the janitors closet, a hand reaches out and pulls me inside. I was about to yelp for help when a familiar voice called out.

"It's me. It's me" He hisses and glares at me with his dark eyes that remind me of the night sky with the moonlight shedding it's light on the earth.

"What the hell!" I snap and place my hands on my hips like a mother scolding her son.

"I just want to talk to you. You didn't answer my text last night" He says.

"You texted me last night?" I ask, confused. My eyebrows furrow and my lips part as I stare at the God infront of me. I may hate him but I'll never hate his good looks.

"Yeah" He nods. "Anyways. I wanted to ask how we are going to do this? Like, how do we...I..I don't know, help?" He stutters, amusing me a bit.

"I don't know, Cole. I guess you'll have to be there for my next doctors appointment" I shrug.

I'm being honest with him. I didn't think he'd grow a pair and tell me he wants to do this with me. I just assumed I would do it on my own with a bit of my parents help.

"And when is that?" He asks.

"This week friday. I'm already turning 6 months" I explain. His faces loses color at the mention of how far along I am. Maybe because he is realising how close I am to giving birth. I mean I am giving birth in 3 months.

The month really flew past. I'm already 6 months already! That's crazy.

"Fuck" He mutters and places a palm on his forehead then paces around the room. "It's been that long already? Why didn't I notice?"

"Maybe it's because you were too busy saying nasy stuff about me and influencing people to turn their backs on me for no reason" I snap. A pained look flashes by before it is replaced by a murderous look.

"Maybe if you fucking stayed away from me like your brother said then you wouldn't even be in this mess" He grits and I scoff.

"So your saying it's my fault that I look like a whale?" I accuse and narrow my eyes at him.

"Yes" He hisses. "You should have stayed away but your just so fucking gullible and naive" I wince at his words and take a step back from him like his words stabbed me. Which they did.

"The appointment is at 3pm. Be there and don't be late" I whisper, my voice cracking in the end before shuffling past his big build and out the closet with my head hanging low to hide the tears.

I guess I'm still as stupid as before.