Chapter 18

"Okay I don't want to" I say and shrug. "Please leave. I'm expecting a friend"

"I'm assuming that friend is that prick Alec" He sneers and I roll my eyes. What is it with him and calling other people pricks or worse when he is the biggest prick?

"Don't call you brother that"

"Step-brother. Step" He grits, narrowing his stormy grey eyes at me. Come to think of it, I'm not afraid or shy around Cole like I was before. Now, I just want him out of ny sight.

"I really don't care, Cole. I really don't" I chuckle, folding my noodle arms on my chest.

"Look, I'd love to stay and argue with you but I'm running on a tight schedule here. If your brother sees me in here I'm dead and I don't want that to happen" He says.

"Okay then. State your business, Mr. Grey"

I swear it sounded as if I'm talking about Christian Grey!!

No. Let's not ever think like that again.

"I...I" He stutters, seeming to be unable to find his words. Is he okay? High on drugs maybe? I wouldn't be surprised actually.

"Are you stuttering, Mr. Grey?" I tease and boom with laughter. This is worth seeing. I swear.

"Let me just find the words, Lucy" He growls and I raise my hands in surrender, laughing a little. "I want to talk about...the baby" At first I think I'm hearing things I've been wanting to hear then I realise he actually said them.

"What?" I dumbly ask, shocked that I have just heard what I just did.

"You heard me sweatheart. Don't make me repeat myself" He says. I stare at him like he's from outer space with my jaw on the floor and my eyes as wide as a football field.

"But...but I thought you wanted nothing to do with it" I begin, trying to get my melted brain solid again. "Unless..someone's forcing you to do this. Who is it? Tell me who it is" I accuse him and glare at him as hard as I possibly can.

"No one forced me to do this, Lucy. I decided so myself" He rolls his eyes while I scoff.

"Get out, Cole. If you think this is funny then something is wrong with you. Leave so I can pretend this never happened" I mumble, defeated.

"Listen, Lucy. I've made lots of mistakes-"

"Lots of them. Like, many many mistakes" I cut him off.

"Yeah I kno-"

"Many many many mistakes" I retort.

"Yes" He hisses.

"Many many many many mist-"

"I get it!" He yells. He huffs before rolling his shoulders. "I'm trying to fix this one mistake that I can fix. I know you don't really don't trust me-"

"Yeah I don't"

"Would you fucking stop cutting me of" He growls and I nod, telling him to continue. "Great. I know I'm a little too late-don't say anything-but I'm willing to make amends" He says. For a few seconds I contemplate on this. I search for any sort of lie in his eyes only to find none.

But if he was able to lie right in front of the whole school, what is stopping him from lying now? Maybe he is lying but maybe he also isn't. We will never know.

I need to stop thinking about what I want. I have a baby to think of and in all honesty I don't want it to grow up without a father figure. If Cole is true to his words, then I will let him be in the baby's life. He is ofcourse the father and I don't want to keep him from it. But as soon as I see any signs of something bad, I'm cutting him of and he'll never see or touch his baby ever again.

"If I find out that you were lying, Cole. My brother will be informed and I won't stop him from castrating your balls" I warn him. He visibly pales at the thought of my brother but shakes his head and nods.

I do hope I don't regret this either. I do have a tendency of regretting so many things when it comes to Cole.

"I'm not. I swear" He promises. I give him a firm nod and sigh. "How far along are you again?" He asks and I stare at him blankly.

"Go do your maths" I tell him, unlocking the door and shove him out. Alec manages to slip in before I shut the door on his face but not without both males glaring at each other.

The hate between them is really strong.

"Uhh, what was that?" He asks, throwing a bag full of junk food on my bed before throwing himself on it and look at me in amusement.

"Cole has finally taken responsibility and wants to be in the baby's life" I mumble out, grabbing a packet of skittles before plopping next to Alec.

"What? Really?" He gasps not believing a word I just sputtered. I don't believe them either bud.

"Yup. But we'll see. I told him about the consequences of him lying about this to me so don't worry. We're covered in that section" I say, loudly chewing the skittles earning a disgusted glare from him.

"I'm pretty surprised that he actually owned up to his foolishness this time. I never thought he'd grow a pair" Alec snorts, roughly ripping the packet from my hands. I scowl at him before grabbing a fanta from his bag of goody-goods.

"But why did it take him so long?" I wonder aloud, staring of in space.

"I think it's because he is scared he's father will kill him, which might happen if he finds out and doesn't want to get in his grave early" He shrugs, throwing a bunch of my skittles in his mouth. Jerk.

"His father...abuses him?" I cautiously ask. Alec sighs and sits up right.

"I-I think so. When we came for Christmas last year, he was all bruised up and when I asked him what happened, he snapped at me and told me it was none of my business. It was pretty scary but I got a little suspicious" He explains and I nod. That explains all the scars on his body.

Why would his father abuse his own son? I thought he loved him? Okay, I'll be honest and tell you that I knew Cole and his father were never on the best terms, in fact, everyone at school knows that.

"Have you witnessed it first hand?" I ask and he nods with a look of sadness.

"I was walking past his father's room when I heard his father yelling then a loud cracking sound following" His face turns grim as he says the next words. "I heard his grunts and yells of pain, Lucy. It was so bad and I got so scared.

I could hear some bones in him breaking and I was freaking out. His father kept yelling at him, not caring that he's hurting at his son so I barged in. No movie could compare to what I saw when I went in that room. It was bad. I shoved Mr. Grey of Cole and dragged Cole to my room and called the ambulance. Mr. Grey yelled some profanities at me before storming out the house before the ambulance arrived. Cole was unconscious and some of his limbs weren't bent in a natural way. It was painful to even look at his broken body, Lucy"

I let his words sink in as tears fall from my eyes at the thought of a broken and bloody Cole laying on the floor in Alex's room. Why would his father do such a horrid thing? I think that's why Cole is so angry and grumpy all the damn time. It's not because he is an asshole but because he is mentally scarred and doesn't want anyone to know.

Some parents can really be cruel.