Chapter 9

Another morning, another puking session, concerned looks from Luke and my parents, more bullying, not being able to eat anything, relaxing in my secret spot and another night where I cried myself to sleep.

A whole week goes by the same way and soon, I'm numb. I can't feel anything and I can't eat anything. The weekend flies by too with me cooped up in my room and staring out the window with a blank look. Luke and my parents would come in and try to talk to me or get me to eat but I can't seem to hear them.

It's like I'm lost in a world where I feel nothing. A world where the real world doesn't exist. I know it's concerning my family but I just can't help but welcome this feeling. I don't even bother with dinner anymore because it'll just retract the next morning.

It's Tuesday and my head is already buried in the toilet as I puke. It has become painful to puke since my stomach is empty and I can't keep anything down.

"Oh sweetie" Mom mumbles as she holds my hair back and rubs soothing circles on my back. She walked in and saw me rushing to the bathroom with a hand on my mouth.

I flush the vomit away and brush my teeth.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" She asks, staring at me through the mirror. Her eyes are bloodshot from the crying she did last night and blacks bags hang under her eyelids. She looks stressed.

I nod and rinse my mouth. She sighs and her bottom lip begins trembling. She's about to cry. I quickly hug her and her sobs break free.

"What's going on sweetie? This is not you. Your not my usual bubbly baby girl anymore. I don't know what's going on and it's stressing me out" She cries. My heart clenches in pain as I hear my mother sob and I feel her body shake with her cries.

I wish there was something I can do but there isn't. She won't be able to help me with this. I'm just waiting until I graduate and I'll never see those imbeciles from school ever again.

"I'll be fine" I reassure her and pull away from her. She sniffles and nods.

"I'm taking you to the doctor today, Lucy. You've been vomiting for days and I'm getting worried" She says and I nod.

She gives me one last glance before walking out my room without another word. I sigh and strip before climbing in the shower.

》》

Mom signed me out of school a period after lunch for the doctors appointment she made this morning. I'm relieved to be leaving school early, even if it's just for a doctor's appointment.

I'm not really worried about the appointment, I mean,what would the cause of all this vomiting be besides a stomach bug?

"Good afternoon Ms. Banes and..." The doctor, Mrs. Collins says, trailing of so I can tell her my name. Her gorgeous blue eyes that have slight bags under them look tired. She's a short and a bit curvy woman who must be in her mid forties.

"Lucy" I mumble, fiddling with my thumbs.

"Lucy" She nods and smiles at me. "What seems to be the problem?" She asks, her eyes dancing between me and mom.

"Well, Lucy here has been puking for days and she seems to have lost her appetite. I'm a bit concerned" Mom explains, rubbing my shoulder in comfort. Mrs. Collins nods and writes something down on her clipboard before she looks back up at us.

"Have you ever had this type of problem before, Lucy?" She asks me and I shake my head. She writes something down again and I look up at my mom.

She smiles at me before turning her attention back to the doctor.

"Okay, I'm going to ask you to step outside for a bit, Mrs. Banes. I need to ask Lucy some personal questions" She tells my mother. Mom gives me a are you comfortable with this? look and I nod. I give her a reassuring smile but it comes out as a constipated one but she leaves nonetheless.

"How long has this been happening, honey?" She asks as soon as my mom leaves the room and shuts the door.

"For a few days. It started...uhm Tuesday I think" I tell her honestly.

"Have you had any sexual intercourse before Tuesday?" She asks. I frown at her question as memories of a moaning and sweaty Cole flood my mind. Noticing my actions, she writes on her clipboard again. "Did you use protection?"

"Uhm...I-I don't know" My voice comes out small and below a whisper.

Did Cole use protection? He...he didn't. We went on and on until the party was over and our bodies were exhausted.

"When was your last menstrual cycle?"

My face visibly pales as I remember that my period didn't infact come last week. How could I not notice? How could I be so ignorant? Ugh fuck!

"It was supposed to be last week but...it didn't come" I say, staring at her with wide eyes. She purses her lips and nods.

She calls my mom back inside and tells us she is going to run some blood tests to see what the problem is. Before she leaves, she gives me a certain look that has me tensing in fear.

"I hope it's nothing bad" Mom says, slightly smiling at me as if reassuring me.

"Me too" I whisper, looking at my shaking hands as if they're the most interesting thing in the world.

Fifteen minutes or so, the doctor comes back with the results.

"Lucy.." She slowly starts and I stop breathing. Fear runs down my spine.

She's not going to say something good.

"Your one week pregnant"

Both my mom and I gasp.

"What you've been experiencing is morning sickness and it'll blow over after the first trimester of the pregnancy. You must try feeding her crackers, Mrs. Banes. That way her body will have some nutrients to give the baby" She explains before throwing one last smile and walks out the room.

Tears moisten my cheeks as I process her words. My mom is still frozen in her gasp and tears pool in her eyes.

I'm...I'm pre-pregnant.

How could I be so careless!! How could I be so stupid!! My life is going to get even more worse now. My life is practically over. How could I be so blinded by lust!! How could I be so naive!!

This is it. This is the end of me.

Mom is going to be disappointed,Dad is going to be mad and Luke. Oh Luke. Luke is going to be PISSED.

He's going to want to know the father of the baby. He's going to want to murder him. He's going to yell at me for being stupid. He's going to be so livid, I flinch at what's going to come once I'm home.

They can never find out who the father is. They must never know. It's best that way.

I know for sure they'll want to know but I can't tell them. I can't even hint it out.

How fucked up could my life possibly get.

A/N

I don't know how I feel about this chapter🤔💙

Anyways,please vote,comment and share my book.

Love yall
Fezikhumalo ❤❤