Chapter 27

"What's got your panties in a twist?" Luke teases when he sees me stomp my way up the stairs.

"Not right now, Luke" I snap and shove him out the way and enter my room. The sound of my door slamming shut, causes the windows to vibrate. Such a teenage move.

"If mom was here she would have already wooped your pregnant ass for slamming her door!" He exclaims before walking away.

I lay on my back and stare at the ceiling in anger. Great, I'm going to be in a pissy mood the whole day and possibly tomorrow too. I need to calm down. Stress is not good for the baby and I have a date tomorrow.

Oh,shit. I have a date tomorrow! I need to find an outfit today or I will take decades to find one tomorrow.

Raking through my closet, my eyes scan for a decent dress that fits me.

My door opens and my mom walks in with a smile on her beautiful face. "Hey, sweetie" She greets and kisses my cheek. "What are you doing?" She asks once she notices the heap of clothes on the floor.

"I have a date tomorrow and I don't know what to wear" I whine and pout.

"Oh you poor baby" She coos and squeezes my cheeks. I swat her hands away and glare at her. "Let me go find something in my closet for you to wear. I'm sure there is something there" She tells me and walks out.

Am I really really that big?

"Who is taking you out on a date?" She asks as she walks back in my room with three dresses in her hands.

"Alec" I sigh and asses the dresses she brought.

Okay, they look cute. Two of them are flowy and the other one is a bit form fitting. The first flowy one is red with white sunflowers on it and a sweetheart neck. I like this one. The second flowy dress is a peach color with silk on the bottom. Simple but cute. The last one is a white turtleneck fuffy dress with long sleaves. Not bad.

"Ooh, the new guy your always hanging out with?" She asks and wiggles her eyebrows.

"Yes mom" I groan, blushing. "Don't make that face mom. I really hate that face" She laughs and shakes her head.

"I think I'm going to wear the red dress, mom" I tell her and hand the other two dresses back to her. She nods and walks out to put them away then comes back in and sits on my bed.

"And where will he be taking you for this date of his?" Mom asks and I shrug.

"I have no idea. I think he'll tell me tomorrow or he'll make it a surprise"

"And if he asks you to be his girlfriend will you say yes?"

"Mom!" I blush.

"Tell me" She laughs.

"Yeah" I whisper shyly and blush harder.

"I always knew that boy felt something for you. He always looked at you differently. Almost like how your father looks at me. It was quite obvious that you two felt something for each other"

"Are you sure?" I ask, finding it hard to believe her words.

"Most definitely" She nods. "You will see tomorrow. I'm sure he will wow you and sweep you of your clumsy feet"

"I'm not clumsy" I argue but she gives me a look that says really? "Okay, I'm not that clumsy"

"It's okay to be clumsy, Lucy. I'm clumsy too" Mom reassures me and I nod. If you say so mom. If you say so.

We change the topic as I tidy up my room and put all the clothes I threw out in a rush neatly back into my closet. I change into Dad's old shirt and some tights. Mom kisses me goodnight and retreats to hers and dad's room. I brush my hair and teeth before climbing under the covers and close my eyes.

I succumb to sleep and let my body relax. I can feel myself slowly slipping into the comforting darkness of unconsciousness.

Sleep my friend. We meet yet again for the millionth time. How I have missed.

》》

I guess you could say I'm super forgetful and slightly never on time because I forgot to set my alarm and now I have less time to prepare for the date. Adding my swollen belly to the equation means that I'm slower than I usually am when I'm in a rush.

How could I even forget! Setting an alarm for such things is a must! It's a priority. It's a you need to do not an if you want to. Stupid. It doesn't even take that long to set an alarm.

Just as I finish brushing my teeth, Alec's horn vibrates through the walls. I groan, spitting the contents in my mouth and quickly run a brush through my hair. I grab my purse (that I thankfully packed laat night) and rush downstairs.

I steal Luke's peice of bacon-he whines about it-and speed walk out the door. My heart feels like it's about to burts through my chest and my hands are shaken. I'm so fucking nervous.

"Hey, you look beautiful" Alec greets,making me blush like a tomato.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself" I reply truthfully. He really doesn't look too bad. He has some ripped dark washed jeans and a white shirt on with a black Nike jacket on. It looks like he has some Nike sneakers on too and a small gold chain.

"Thank you" He smiles,turning me into goo.

Oh lord, I'm so nervous and excited. Will we have fun? Will he take me ice skating. I've been wanting to go. Oh, right. I can't. I'm pregnant. What about roller blading or is it almost the same thing? What about laser tag? But will that vest thingy fit me? Okay, what about paintball? No. The same rules apply as the ice skating and roller blading.

Ugh! What will we even do! There are so many things to do but most of them are a huge no because of my conditon. If I wasn't pregnant, I swear I would've went bungee jumping.

Damn pregnancy and restricting me from doing things I really want to do.