Our little group of friends grew in happiness, but there were still two people missing.

However, we couldn't do anything to get them back.

Felix and Changbin tried to give their relationship more time. They spent evenings together, went on several dates (which me and Hyunjin joined a few times) and never tried to force any emotion or feeling that didn't appear naturally. They were happy and I was glad to see both of them this way.

Also, Felix and his mom started working on their new situation, alone at home without Felix's dad with them. They did well, Felix told me how much he enjoyed spending time with his mom just watching movies and cooking together. Their relationship got a lot better after the divorce. No one would have expected that to happen, but apparently the divorce wasn't such a bad thing after all.

They got some financial help from Felix's grandma and aunt and after a while Felix found a new part time job. From then on he earned enough money to help his mother at home.

Jeongin and Seungmin started working together when Jeongin got told that his and Seungmin's favorite bakery was searching for workers. They immediately got the job since they were regular customers ever since they bought their first cake there.

Seungmin first thought about working at the hospital, after all that happened he got kind of inspired to work as a life savior. But he changed his mind after he noticed that he would have to see white every day and smell the scent of ... old people? Dying people? Sanitizer? Everything at once probably. Also he noticed that he liked Jeongin too much to leave him alone, the younger didn't know if he appreciated that or not. But well, turned out they're now a gay couple working together at a bakery. Isn't that cute?

As for Jisung and Minho ... what can I say? Nothing changed. Minho called him once during the past five months. He even sent me a letter but that's very much it. Jisung told me that Minho can't call him since it would be too much pain to end a call and also, Minho thinks he gets sick if he can't touch Jisung after a while.

I really wanted them to become the happy couple they used to be in the past. It hurt a lot to see them like this.

Jisung used to call me twice a week but lately he forgot to do so. Maybe he didn't forget, maybe he just didn't want to call me, but how would I know? I tried contacting his parents to ask them about him moving back to Korea and all this, but as soon as I mentioned that they never accepted my calls anymore.

A few times I was about to give up. I urgently needed to help both of them, Jisung and Minho, but I just couldn't. Nor were our friends able to do anything for them.

But one day, I swear, I will get both of them back together. I won't sit here, doing nothing for ever.

And lastly ... about me and Hyunjin. It's been five months since he left the hospital. I went on several dates with him. The fact that he was able to hear now was ... well it felt a bit foreign to me. Even though it's been a while, it still seemed weird. I spent a lot of time at his place. For the first time he was able to show me around. You should have seen his face when he saw his greenhouse. I took good care of it, removed unwanted weed and planted a few flowers. Thanks to Jaebum I knew which flowers he liked so I chose the lycoris radiata; the red spider lily.

I knew he would like them but I never would've expected Hyunjin to cry from joy. When he did I was scared. I thought I did something wrong but ... uhm well. I think I did something good?

-

"You ... you did that?" Hyunjin's eyes filled with tears, he couldn't look away from the red flowers that found their place in the back part of his greenhouse.

"I did. I thought you'd like them. Was that a bad idea?" Chan turned to him, worry spread across his face. Maybe he was naive to think that he could just do whatever in this place when this was Hyunjin's favorite room after all.

The younger looked around, not a single word leaving his lips but tears leaving his eyes.

Whatever went wrong with Chan's mind, he felt awkward for thinking that Hyunjin looked adorable like that. He wanted to cuddle him and tell him that he was sorry a million times. But it would've been weird to just cuddle him like that. They went on a few dates and they obviously liked each other a lot, but no one dared to make a move. Not until Hyunjin turned to him to place a soft kiss on Chan's lips. That completely caught him off guard.

"I love it. I really love it", Hyunjin whispered, looking into Chan's eyes.

The latter was a bit surprised and tense at first, but he quickly adapted to the situation he found himself in and placed his hands on Hyunjin's waist.

"You scared me."

Both of them chuckled.

-

After a while we even went to Jeju island together with Seungmin, Jeongin, Felix and Changbin. Jaebum had to work a lot so unfortunately he couldn't join us. I even asked Minho, but he didn't reply.

We spent four days on Jeju. It was really nice there, the weather was great and we had lots of fun trying out different activities. Another thing that happened on Jeju ... I got jealous. For the first time in my life I got jealous.

Hyunjin found that very funny, especially because we haven't gotten to say the three-words-sentence to each other yet. Well, at least one of us was having fun.

-

"Chan, calm down. It's just the barkeeper."

"Seriously, Lix. Look at them. They're flirting!"

Felix couldn't resist the smile that slowly crept onto his face. "You're very jealous, aren't you?"

Chan turned away from Hyunjin for the first time in about five minutes to look at Felix with serious eyes.

"I am not jealous." Oh how he was.

"Chan...", Felix started, taking a sip from his drink before he might get himself into trouble. "I am sorry to tell you but the word jealous is written all over your gorgeous little face."

He flicked his finger against Chan's forehead, regretting it right after when the older put his arms around Felix's neck to pull him closer and rub his fist on Felix's head.

"Spare me!! I'm just stating facts- AH!"

Hyunjin turned around to see what happened behind him. The sight made him laugh.

"Christ, seems like I'm friends with little kids."

-

Turns out Hyunjin tried to make that dude behind the bar jealous instead of me. He told him that I was his boyfriend when it wasn't even official. Maybe it was the alcohol. Indeed, we all ended up getting reeally really drunk. I think Changbin tried to kiss me. Oh well. Luckily Felix had him on a leash. I don't think it would've ended all too well if Changbin accidentally cheated on Felix due to his drunk ass.

Everything seemed so perfect. Almost too good to be true.

But it was true.

And I was more than happy.