3 days after the accident

Every single morning was complete bullshit. His mother was screaming around, his father complained about her screaming, his grandmother tried teaching him about Jesus whatsoever, and all Minho could do was think of Jisung. Finally getting away from home. The time before he and Jisung knew each other was like hell to him. And the time when Jisung wasn't around was just like that.

Somehow his friends changed something about him. They changed Minho to the point where he became a whole new person. 

Chan was the first one who helped him out of his misery. When he switched to a new school, they were together in one class. Chan sat next to him and helped him a little to find his way around school. However, Minho didn't change just because of Chan. But thanks to him, he was able to meet new people - Jisung. They started spending a lot of time together. From then on, the time that Minho would have used to finish his tasks at home, was spent with his friends. 

Did his parents approve? 

No, certainly not. In fact, he got screamed at every night when he got home. His mother thought that if he made too many new friends, he would neglect school. She would have preferred to see him at his desk eight hours a day. Minho had to learn a lot so that he could achieve something in his later life. His mother wanted him to be able to make a lot of money later. They weren't poor or just had little money. On the contrary, they even had a lot of money. That made the whole thing worse.

His father was the head of a large company. Half the population of Korea knew his name, which is why so many people had high expectations of his son. And his father... he was the worst.

There was nothing Minho could do right. Everything he did was completely wrong. And besides, his father was not content with the fact that Minho showed no interest in his religion. His family has always been strictly religious, which is why Minho also grew up that way. When he was younger, his father never hit him when he made a mistake. For that, his mother had to suffer. This is how he learned that any mistakes and misbehavior have consequences. At least he was supposed to learn that. But it never really changed his behavior.

The older he got, the more he opposed his father, mother, and grandma. He became more and more private. It wasn't because he wasn't interested in his family. Rather, it was because his father threatened him more and more and hurt him more and more. Minho didn't dare to say anything in front of his family or doing anything for them. What if he did something wrong? His father could cut his throat. His mother could send him to boarding school.

So he spent a lot of time by himself, mainly with alcohol and cigarettes. It wasn't bad for him, so he took it for granted. The alcohol numbed his pain and made him forget and the cigarettes calmed him down if necessary. Only sometimes did he drink too much. Then he would always disappear at night, going somewhere where no one would look for him. And in the morning he would vomit out his soul. But it didn't stop him.

Not until he met his friends.

It wasn't immediately noticeable since he had almost developed an addiction, but when he started spending time with Chan, Jisung and the others, he automatically stopped drinking so much. Rather, he drank together with them. They gathered on weekends to just spend time together and that was enough to get Minho pretty much back to normal. Until the moment Jisung told him that he loved him.

At first, this moment ruined a lot. Minho wasn't gay, he was sure of it. But maybe he just thought like that because people had always told him that being gay was a sin. It would be like poison and you would die if you were to sleep with another man, let alone love him. 

Despite this, he was more than sure that he felt something for the younger. Be it love or something else, he wanted it. Jisung was the reason why Minho could smile again. Jisung was the reason why people asked him why he looked so happy in the morning. Jisung was the reason why Minho was still alive and didn't die of alcohol poisoning. Jisung helped him out of his miserable situation. Jisung was always there for him. He was his whole life. He didn't want to give that away. Still, he couldn't dare to make another mistake in front of his parents. If they found out that he loved a boy, his father would probably have locked him away forever.

Because of this, he found it difficult to answer yes to Jisung, whenever he asked if they could finally date.

But at some point he simply didn't care anymore. He wanted Jisung more than anything else in the world. If his father locked him away for that, he would break out and never return. It was his life and he wanted to love whoever he wanted, who happened to be Jisung. Had he been forbidden to do so, he would very likely have perished sooner or later. But when his parents found out that he and Jisung were in a relationship, which was the same evening they started dating, there were of course consequences. 

First, his father wanted him to stay away from Jisung. Since he couldn't control that when his son was in college, he wanted Minho to switch to a completely different college. But that was not possible because the director had something against it, since there was no proper reason why Minho should have switched. Then his father thought it would have been a smart idea to put Minho in a religion-camp, but he broke out after just half a day. His parents found him at Chan's home about two days later and locked him in his room for a week. Minho vowed that if he couldn't be with Jisung, he would do anything for it to be possible. And he did. No matter what his father tried, in the end Minho always managed to escape his plans.

And then came the day Jisung asked him to come to the library. What bothered him about it was that it didn't seem like Jisung had planned something great, such as that they'd both skip the remaining classes and go out to eat something. Jisung asked him, his eyes lowered. With a look that seemed like something terrible must have happened.