"Mh, smells like cake. Did you seriously just bake for me?"

I blushed a little. Was it strange to bake for a visitor? For the first time? Not really... right?

I led Hyunjin to the kitchen, where the cake was standing just finished on the table. He widened his eyes when he saw it and went around to observe every side.

"Could it be that you like to do something like that? Baking?"

I shook my head, hesitated for a second and then shrugged. It wasn't a hobby, but it was fun nevertheless. And for a special visit I also wanted to bake something special.

"Easy to make", I said, pointing at the cake.

He nodded and took a seat at the table. That was when I noticed that he came without a jacket and was not wet either. I looked out the window, but it was still raining. How did he get here all dry?

"Hyunjin...", I said, taking two plates out of the cupboard over the sink and placing them down in front of Hyunjin and me. "You're dry."

Hoping, he got what I was going to ask as I pointed to his clothes, then outside the window, I started cutting the cake. I succeeded really well, it made me smile a little with pride. The insides looked just as great as the cake itself.

"Someone called a taxi for me so I could get to you faster", Hyunjin explained, taking a piece of my work, grinning slightly.

A taxi? He was driving a taxi? Did he do that more often? I wasn't really convinced.. a deaf person, being in good hands inside a taxi with a stranger? Didn't sound safe to me.

"I'm excited to taste it~" Armed with a fork, he took a piece and stuffed it into his mouth. He closed his eyes and a big smile spread across his face. "It's so good... Jesus."

I also tried a piece. Hyunjin was right, the cake actually tasted quite good. But he responded to the taste more than I did. He probably really liked sweets.

"You must allow me to take some of the cake with me later, when I'm going home." His fork was aimed at me and his eyes pierced mine. "That, or I have to force you to completely teach me your recipe, until I know it by heart!"

His attitude made me chuckle softly. The way he pointed at me with his little weapon was just so cute.

"You can take it all", I answered him, looking at the cake from the corner of my eye. "I won't eat it anyway."

His eyes shone with joy as those words left my lips. "Yess! Thank you~."

After he had eaten his first piece, he took another one and walked through my apartment with me behind him, looking at every single room.

"You own a dog?", Hyunjin asked when he entered my bedroom where he saw the empty dog bed.

It was funny to see how he went through all corners of my little apartment and asked stuff about every piece of furniture which looked interesting to him. After a few minutes I felt like he knew me better than Felix.

"Yeah, I do", I answered with a nod, pointing to my wall. Pictures that I took showed Berry and me taking a walk, playing around and sleeping in bed.

Hyunjin leaned forward to take a close look at the pictures. Some put a little smile on his lips and then he turned to me. "Where is Berry now?", he asked, eating the last bit of the cake he was holding.

For a second I stood there, kinda helpless. How was I supposed to explain that my neighbors would take care of him when I wasn't home? My eyes wandered around until I heard the doorbell which made me jump a little. Hyunjin cocked his head. "What's wrong?"

I took him by the hand and went to the door with him. Lucky me; my neighbor came to bring Berry back home. It was Mrs. Yoon. I opened the door, Hyunjin stepped behind me and looked at her from over my shoulder. However, she smiled up at us, Berry in her arms.

"Hello, Chan. I was just in the garden with Berry, but you see, it started raining so terribly and... oh, you have a visitor." Her eyes landed on Hyunjin, whom she now brightly smiled at, as she let Berry down to the floor.

Hyunjin watched Berry, who disappeared straight into my room. Then he looked back at Mrs. Yoon and bowed. "Hello. My Name is Hyunjin."

He was still standing close to me and then I noticed I was still holding his hand. Mrs. Yoon's smile widened when she looked back at me. "Oh dear, what a handsome boy you got there", she whispered at me, patting my shoulder with one hand. "I'm Mrs. Yoon, nice to meet you!" She bowed back at Hyunjin. "Oh, by the way, did you get the tea?"

"Yes, I did. Thanks again. And also thanks for the pretty flowers."

She held a hand up. "Don't thank me, it's for helping me with my stupid computer. Without you I would never have found these stupid emails. Today's technology is just too complicated for me, Chan. Anyways, I just wanted to bring Berry back to you, he also ate something, so don't worry about that."

"Alright, thank you. Well then, have a nice day Mrs. Yoon. And greetings to your husband, too."

Mrs. Yoon nodded and looked at Hyunjin one last time before saying goodbye, returning to her own apartment. I closed the door and then let go of Hyunjin's hand, which had become very warm from holding it. He looked at his hand silently for a few seconds, then at me. "Why-"

"Sorry, I forgot", I quickly answered, scratching the back of my neck a little embarrassed.

We kept looking each other in the eye for a while until it got awkward. He turned away from me and then went back to my room to see Berry. I would like to add that Hyunjin had really soft hands and I was barely able to let them go because they were so soft. Like, really extremely soft.

The rest of the day passed way too quickly in my opinion. We played with Berry and Hyunjin told me a little more about himself, but nothing really important. It was a pity, I really wanted to know more about him, but I also didn't want to force him to tell me his whole life story. He seemed kind of mysterious, although I knew why he was deaf. I mean, I knew about the accident, but it still seemed like there was so much more to know about him. Much more important and interesting things that were this person called Hwang Hyunjin.

When I brought him outside the door, later in the evening, there was a car on the street. It was barely raining anymore, just a little drizzle. Someone was leaning against the car and looked up at me and Hyunjin.

"It was a really nice day, Chan. Thank you", Hyunjin said quietly, looking down to his feet, playing with his fingers.

I put the box with the cake down next to me and pulled Hyunjin closer to me to hug him. It was actually a bit cold outside after the rain, but Hyunjin was incredibly warm. Hugging him felt great. His breath brushed my neck, sending shivers down my spine. Everything about him just made me feel all warm and cozy.

I let go of him, took the box and handed it over. "Good night. Sleep well", I said with a soft smile.

He smiled back, turned and went to the car parked on the side of the road. Just before he got into the passenger seat, he looked at me again. The other person leaning against the car also looked at me. I couldn't quite identify his gaze. However, it looked like he didn't like me very much. Both then got into the car and a short time later it disappeared into the distance.