It was still raining.

Seungmin went home a few minutes ago. He came with me after we left the hospital. The accident was about 15 hours ago. At first the time went by way too fast. Then way too slow. And now it can't go any slower. How long will it take until he wakes up?

Will he wake up anyway?

I really shouldn't think like that.

"Tch, the rain really sucks, doesn't it?" I looked down at Berry, who was lying on my lap, his eyes closed. Actually, the sound of the rain pounding on the windowpanes was very pleasant. But it reminded me of the view I had when Hyunjin called out to me. I didn't want to think about that anymore either. I wanted to erase the whole day from my memories. Rewind completely. Until the day in the library. I didn't even get the chance to get to know Hyunjin properly. We were just getting closer and I had to distance myself from him. My God, why was I so stupid? 

"Why?"

Berry raised his head and looked up at me expectantly. 

"Yes, maybe I thought I would really destroy Hyunjin if we got closer, as Seungmin said", I whispered to myself.

He jumped off my lap and ran into the kitchen. Probably hungry, but a quiet, constant sound caught my attention. Something like a buzz.

It was my phone. Seungmin was calling.

"Did you forget something", I asked as I accepted the call, taking out a bowl for Berry.

"No..."

Berry ran back and forth between my legs. "So?"

"You haven't told me if you want to take care of his house or not."

"Ah, right." I filled Berry's bowl with his food and put it down for him. "I'll do it, don't worry."

"I don't worry Chan, just make sure to go there every day, maybe every second day. Clean, and take care of the plants.. just make sure Hyunjin comes back to the same place he left. Oh, by the way-"

"Yes, Seungmin?" I was wondering why he explained how to take care of a house. It's not like I was stupid or something. As if he still had a problem with trusting me.

"I left the keys on your counter next to the sink."

My eyes fell on a shiny bunch of keys to my right. How many keys did this house need anyway?

"One for the front door. One for the garage. One for the back door. One for the basement. One for the shed and one for the greenhouse. If you're planning on losing any of them, don't let it be the key to the greenhouse. I have replacements for all the others."

I was standing in my kitchen a bit perplexed and didn't know exactly what to say now. How much land did Hyunjin own? That sounded like he owned something like a mansion. What on earth was I supposed to expect?

"I'm hanging up now, okay Chan?"

"Uh- yeah.. sure."

Then I heard only a constant soft beep. Seungmin has hung up. And I was still just standing there. I didn't take a step forward or take a step back. The only thing I was doing was breathing. Lucky me. Otherwise I could have gone straight to bed next to Hyunjin. I mean, I didn't mind lying next to him, but I had enough of all this... white. I never liked hospitals. The smell, the depressed mood in there and just the fact that it's a place where people die every day.

When I was finally able to at least move my head again, I looked down at Berry, who was slowly eating his food. I squatted down to him and stroked his back, watching him chew on his little crackers. Unfortunately I wasn't able to spend my time with patting Berry any longer because my phone started ringing again.

"Oh c'mon. What's it now?", I mumbled a bit annoyed. It was late and I just wanted to go to bed, but when I saw the ID of the caller on my display, I slapped my hand on my forehead. I totally forgot about that.

"Jisung, I am so sorry", I apologized after taking the call. "Something came up and I forgot to call y-"

"We know, Chan." He interrupted me, making me notice that he sounded genuinely worried. "We heard about the accident, so we didn't plan on going out anymore. I already thought that the accident affected you, too. We tried to call you because we wanted to know if you were okay. Minho was at your place a while ago, but you didn't seem to be there yet. Your neighbor told him you were at the hospital."

Right. I had told Mrs. Yoon to take care of Berry when I was on my way to the hospital.

"I'm.. okay. I guess I could be better tho, but I'm fine. Don't worry about me."

Actually, I wasn't as fine as I said. My head throbbed like it was going to burst any moment. My muscles ached with every movement and my consciousness was only half present.

"Wanna talk about it?" 

I heard Minho in the background. So he was still with Jisung. He asked him if they should come over tomorrow, but before Jisung could pass on his question to me, I already answered.

"I would rather spend a few days by myself for now. Maybe another time, yeah?"

"Oh- Okay, alright. At least call us or Changbin and Felix if something's wrong. Also... will you come to college?"

That was actually a good question. I didn't feel like going to college and seeing his name on the locker every day. Watching the empty table in the cafeteria and sitting alone in art classes every time. That would only have ruined me even more.

"I.. don't think so, Jisung", I answered, my voice breaking from exhaustion.

"Understandable. If I were you I wouldn't go either."

"Sleep well, Chan-hyung!", Minho called from where he was. "And stay in touch with us!"

"I will, don't worry. Have a nice night you two." I went to the bathroom with my cell phone by my ear, closing the door behind me.

"See ya", Jisung said, ending the call.

I put my cell phone next to the sink and immediately got rid of all my clothes. Just the sound of the water flowing out the shower head gave me goose bumps. I couldn't wait to finally take a shower, to clear my mind and to end this day with a better, fresher feeling.

And after about 15 minutes I was finally in bed.