AUTHORS NOTE

Hello there...
It's been a while since I've been on Wattpad and I must say-
I really did not expect my story to get as much attention. I read all the comments and also saw that there were some really active readers who are still showing interest even to this day.

First of all, I would like to thank you all so much for the comments and ratings.
I started writing this story as just a pastime. Writing has always been a hobby of mine but I never thought of doing it for the public to read. So posting on Wattpad was just a little idea I had and wanted to try out.
To some 20k+ reads might seem to be very little but to me it is quite a lot, and I would have never imagined that to happen.

And that is also exactly why I want to apologize, especially to the more passionate readers, for the ending being so cruel.
I'm not sure, but I don't think I took enough time with the ending, and uploaded it way too fast, with too little revision. I could have worked it out a lot better after all, and not made an absolute tragedy out of it. I think I disappointed quite a few people with that ending.
In fact, I'm not a fan of stereotypical happy endings, which is why I didn't plan to write one. Still, I'm not really satisfied with the way I wrote it.

I also remembered that I promised and planned a sequel at some point. But it never appeared- rather there was once a chapter, which I immediately unpublished. This was because I realized that the time, when I had enough motivation to write every day, had passed.

You have to know, at the time I wrote Luscinia Megarhynchos, I was at the absolute lowest point of my life. I really wasn't doing well at all, and had too much time I spent being lonely. But at the same time, I had absolutely no time for myself because I was busy nonstop making others happy and getting through school alive. Basically, my daily routine consisted of studying and writing only. I had no focus and no joy. You may not see it- but in the way I wrote, when I reread this book, I can see exactly that I wasn't doing well. That's exactly why there was no sequel or anything else that followed after I finished Luscinia Megarhynchos.

In the meantime, I have started a completely new life and written a new chapter. I moved several times, took distances to people and made contacts with new people.
I feel so much better and have so much more time to myself that I can really use productively without feeling bad about it. Plus, I've finished school and have gotten rid of all things that stressed me out. Of course, there are still one or two things that I have to take care of and that annoy me little or stress me out, but I don't let them get to me as much. These are things that can be taken care of quickly.

But back on topic-
I'm not really sure whether I'll ever actually write a sequel to this book or not. But if not, I will share what would have been planned in another author's note here, don't you worry about it.
I actually found about 100 notes, including notes on a sequel and lots of other stories I was planning to write. Some stories I actually even started and wrote many chapters, but since my desire to write faded away I stopped at some point and never uploaded them.

I tried to start writing again a short time ago, and it didn't go badly. Unfortunately, I lack inspiration to put anything on paper (or on the screen). I'm still trying to find enough inspiration to start with a good story that I know I could finish. It's just insanely hard. Especially now that I see how much attention Luscinia Megarhynchos has gotten, of course I don't want to disappoint the readers who have stuck around to this day with the next story I might upload.

To a large extent, though, it's also about not wanting to disappointing myself, because I know how much writing meant to me back then. I'm a perfectionist, it's almost pathological, and I couldn't handle writing a story that doesn't come close to my own high expectations.
When I read Luscinia Megarhynchos now, I would probably rewrite about every chapter. That does not mean that I'm not happy with how this book turned out, but I would definitely write it very differently today.

Anyway, I want to slowly get to the point;

Again- many, many, many thanks to just about everyone who read this story, or interacted with it in any way. The smallest bit of interaction is enough to make me absolutely grateful. And also a big thanks again to the people who to this day still ask how I'm doing and still leave little comments on my page. That is insanely sweet of you and I would never have thought that people would really care about me after reading a story of mine.

I definitely want to try to write again and also upload my stories. I have so many ideas and I really want to get them up on the screen and show you what I've been collecting in all the time I haven't been active. I think some ideas would absolutely blow your minds. Among the stories I have planned so far are some original stories as well, not only fan fictions. I don't know if anyone would even be interested in that at all, otherwise I'll probably just target a new audience and draw new people into the small community I've created.

This is now the last paragraph I am writing. I sincerely hope all the readers, whom I may have caused some trauma, are doing well. I am really sorry for the terrible ending.
Until the next chapter, where we will meet again, maybe soon.

Love, Author-nim
:)

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐋𝐮𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐡𝐲𝐧𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬 ʰʸᵘᶰᶜʰᵃᶰ 🎉