"His name is all over the media again. I didn't miss that. Not at all."

Those disgusting white walls. The disgusting white tile floor. The disgusting pungent smell. Everything here was disgusting. The people in their white coats disgusted me.

"It's insane, isn't it? He was completely fine for once and the next accident happens right away."

This little sign above the door, which pointed to the emergency exit, was no longer illuminated. A few minutes ago it was still glowing brightly. Two people in white talked to each other in the corridor. The little nurse smiled at the tall doctor. That smile was easy to read. It was the same smile Hyunjin always showed when he looked at me.

"How long do we have to wait? The doctors have been gone for hours!"

I suppose everything was white, so that people who die here could get an idea of heaven. If it looked like this in heaven, I don't want to go there after dying. I hoped that Hyunjin didn't have to go there.

"Oh, Seungmin. You came.. they're still in there, I don't know how long it's going to take."

I was still able to see the rain. And the truck that shone brightly in the dark of the storm. It was right in front of me. A second ago I heard a loud horn. And I heard my name. And I felt my breath stop. I felt how I suddenly became deaf and how my vision disappeared. I felt my heart stop for a moment. And I felt my knees touch the wet ground.

"He can't speak right now."

I have never yelled that loud in my life. I thought my soul left my body. I thought I was going to be hoarse forever. And for a moment I thought I died.

"Chan?"

And for a moment I held him in my arms before people took him and put him inside their car.

"Chan..."

But I went with them.

"Chan...?"

I turned my head. Jeongin was sitting next to me. He looked at me, his eyes full of concern. How could he worry about me right now?

"What?"

"They asked you and Seungmin to come." He had put a hand on my shoulder. Seungmin stood in front of me, looking down at me. His eyes weren't cold. To my surprise, he looked at me warmly. Friendly. Compassionately.

"Come, Chan", Seungmin said, holding out a hand.

I took it and got up.

I didn't want to go to the doctor. I didn't want to know what he had to say. I didn't want to hear it, but I had to.

The hallway was getting narrower. I felt crushed by the white walls. Choked by the disgusting hospital air. Everything in this place threatened to kill me.

"Kim Seungmin? Christopher Bang?"

The man from a few hours ago was standing in front of us. I didn't like him. He also wore this disgusting white coat.

"Have you been able to reach Hyunjin's legal guardian?"

Seungmin nodded. "He'll be there soon."

"So... About Hyunjin. He is not exactly stable. But he's not dead, either. He is in a coma. Unfortunately we cannot say for how long he will be in a coma, but it will take some time. Usually an accident of this magnitude should not have been survived. But he somehow managed to save himself."

"Can I see him?", I asked, my voice shaking from my thoughts.

The doc nodded and turned to the door. He opened it and granted us entry. Everything white. Of course everything was white.

I heard a soft beeping. It beeped slowly. Threateningly slow. A small monitor next to the bed showed a line that occasionally jiggled.

And in bed, there was exactly what I didn't want to see.

He was as white as a sheet of paper. The breathing mask on his face made him look even worse. I went to the bed and looked at him. His eyes were tightly closed, his eyelashes on his cheeks, not moving at all. The only sign of life he gave was the beeping.

I brushed a strand of hair away from his forehead.

"Hyunjin...", I breathed.

The sight was terrible. It was worse than the white in the building. Worse than the tears he previously shed in the library. Worse than anything that could have happened.

"Chan..."

Seungmin stood next to me.

"I know this is not the right time, but I want you to take care of Hyunjin's house while he's here."

He was right. It was not the right time.

"Actually, I would always do that. But I think it would be better if you did it instead."

I heard the doctor's voice behind the door. He was talking to another man. Then he came into the room.

"I'm sorry you two, but I have to ask you to leave now. You can come back to visit him at any time, but for now we all need some rest."

I turned around, but I couldn't get Hyunjin's face out of my head.

Next to the doctor was the man who picked up Hyunjin when he visited me. That had to be Jaebum.

Seungmin dragged me out of the room with him, back to Jeongin. He came to the hospital shortly after me and called Seungmin. And latter then called Jaebum.

"And?", Jeongin asked, getting up from his chair.

"He's in a coma for now."