[6]

Hyun-soo and Ye-bin moved in a slow pace through the Hallway's.
The Green Home Complex was incredibly silent. They could hear their own breath with every movement they did.

Suddenly their phones made a static noise. A Monster was near.
Ye-bin turned to the side as she tried to look for it.
Before she got to see the Monster pulled Hyun-soo her Body into an Elevator. The Electricity had been turned off before the doors had closed completely. They cowered behind the doors and listened how a Monster walked through the Hallway.

Ye-bin slowly turned her head to the side. She looked at Hyun-soo who sat behind the other door.
He held one Finger up to his lips.
Ye-bin nodded before she could see a glimpse of the blind monster as it passed the Elevator. The two relaxed slightly. Ye-bin took a deep breath, noticing the rotten smell produced by a box filled with fish. Ye-bin pressed a hand onto her mouth and nose, trying to shut the smell out before she turned again, this time to spy out of the Elevator.

She retracted as the extended arm of the Monster passed her Head merely, crashing into the box of fish.
Ye-bin kneeled under the Monster. She raised her Umbrella before she pushed it into the chest of it, turning the tazer on. The Monster shook in pain before it took a few steps to the side. Ye-bin pulled her Weapon back before she grabbed the Arm of Hyun-soo, pulling him out of the Elevator.

The two kept running through the Hallway. They could hear the Monster behind them. It called out to them before it raised its Hand.
Hyun-soo had turned around just in time to see its Hand extend again. He turned back around. One Hand was still intertwined with Ye-bin. She kept pulling him into one direction. He used his free hand to push her into a direction, bringing both to the ground.

The Monster slammed its Hand through a shelf knocking it to the Ground. The Hand then split into further parts, missing the two by a few inches.

Ye-bin smiled at Hyun-soo, thanking him quietly. Hyun-soo sat himself up, carefully not to touch the Body parts of the Monster which started to retreat itself. He then got up to see, how far the monster was away.

It was walking slow.
But if it heard something it probably would stretch its Body again.
Yebin made her Way over to him.
She extended her Hand and showed him two balls she had collected from the broken shelf.

Hyun-soo looked at the balls before he understood what she was trying to tell him. He grabbed the balls and threw them towards the Monster.
They bounced through the Hallway confusing the Monster as it turned around, searching for the Noise.
Hyun-soo used the moment and approached the Monster.
He shoved his spear into its back shocking him with electricity until it fell down to the ground.

Ye-bin walked up to them.
She patted Hyun-soo proudly "Good Job!" She then used her feet to kick against the head of the monster, insulting it. It started to twitch at her words, making her jump in surprise.
"Maybe we should go." Ye-bin whispered before she started to make her Way through the Hallway again.
This time faster, since she didn't wanted to meet another monster.

Su-yeong and Yeong-Su sat in the middle of their dark Apartment.
Su-yeong had an arm wrapped around her brother as she tried to calm him down. Yeong-Su cried as he looked around. "I'm scared." he spoke. "It's so dark in here." more tears spilled out of his eyes. "It's okay. We're going to be alright." Su-yeong answered. "And Dad?" She took her time to answer him. "Yes, he'll be back soon."

A knock startled the siblings.
Su-yeong let go of her brother to turn the little light they had towards the door. Another knock. Then they could hear a male Voice speaking.
"Kids, we're here to help you." a female voice followed. "Yes, open up."
Su-yeong shared a look with her brother before she got up to open the door. She carefully unlocked it before peeking out. A boy and a girl stood in front of the door. While the boy looked awkwardly down at her, smiled the girl at her. Su-yeong let the two enter the Apartment.
She walked back to her brother, who started to hide behind her.
The girl approached them, while the boy was busy with the door, locking it again.

"I'm Jang Ye-bin and that is Cha Hyun-soo. And you are?" the girl had started to speak. She sat down in front of the siblings. "I'm Su-Yeong and that is my Brother Yeong-Su."
Hyun-soo had finally made its way towards them, sitting next to Ye-bin.

"Sir."
Yeong-Su looked up at Hyun-soo.
"Please, do you think you could save our dad? He fell from the building and hit the ground."
Ye-bin started to chew at her lower lip as she remembered what happened.
"Maybe he's still alive-"
"I'm afraid that nobody could survive a fall from the 12th floor." Hyun-soo interrupted Su-Yeong.
She wrapped her arm around her brother again, before the two started to cry.

Ye-bin watched the siblings before she rammed her elbow into Hyun-soo's side, making him sigh.
" What? Should I have lied to them? " he hissed. Ye-bin shook her head.
"No.. Well, maybe?" she then turned her attention back to the siblings.
"There is a man on the 14th floor that has enough food for the both of you."
Hyun-soo nodded. "You are hungry, aren't you?" the siblings nodded.
"You won't stay here all alone now, do you?" they nodded again.
Hyun-soo started to think about it.
He then raised his head before pointing at the door.
"In order to get there we have to go through the hall where monsters are going wild." he paused, letting them time to think. "How old are you?"
Ye-bin asked while getting up.
"I'm nine." Su-yeong explained. "And my brother is six." Hyun-soo smiled slightly at the two.
"You know. That's the perfect age to fight monsters."
He laughed at his own words before he grabbed the shoulder of Yeong-Su.
"Don't worry. I'll protect the two of you." Ye-bin raised her hand.
"And me? What about me?" Hyun-soo and the two children turned to Ye-bin. She chuckled. "I was joking." she then raised a thumb up.
"Don't worry. You're safe with us."

The group of four had reached the door to the staircase. Hyun-soo was walking in front of them while Ye-bin was behind them, covering their back. Hyun-soo opened the door to the staircase and waved them through. He then wanted to follow but stopped as his large scar on his lower arm started to hurt.
He looked down at it, noticing the movement under its skin.

Save them? Is that what you want?

Hyun-soo fell back against the wall.
Blood spurted out of his nose and onto his Face and Clothing.
He heard Ye-bin call out to him. She stood on the other side of the door.
The Siblings stood behind her.
"Stay away!" Hyun-soo huffed. Ye-bin approached the door. Su-yeong used her flashlight and held it up towards Hyun-soo. He turned away from them. "Leave, now!" he yelled before he closed the door.

Ye-bin kept quiet. She stared at the closed door before she lowered her eyes towards her hands.
They were shaking as she tried to grip the Umbrella tighter.
"We need to move, now!"
She turned around and pushed the Children towards the Staircase.

While she did that crashed the door into the Hallway, burying Hyun-soo beneath it. Ye-bin pushed the Children onto the Stairs, standing in front of them to protect them.
A large Monster walked out of the hole in the Wall. It had a smile on its Face as it layed eyes on the three.
"Pro.. tein"
It recklessly walked over the door, crushing Hyun-soo further beneath it.
Ye-bin held her Weapon with one hand using the other to push the Children further onto the Stairs.

The Large Monster kept the wide smile as it extended one of his large hands to grab them. Ye-bin lowered the weapon and instead used both of her hands to keep the children as far away as possible. Suddenly the Monster stopped in his Movement.
It turned its head away and focused on Hyun-soo who had crawled out beneath the door. He held onto the Monster, taking its attention.

Ye-bin gasped at his sight.
Hyun-soo's Face was bloody and his eyes had turned pitch black.
"Go now!" he told them. A smile plastered on his Face.
Ye-bin nodded before she turned and fled with the kids, leaving Hyun-soo alone with the monster.

_______________________________

Hooray, another Chapter.
I wanted to thank you all for reading my story and leaving a good feedback! I'm really thrilled for the next chapters and I hope that you are as well!

Till then✨