[8]

It had been another hour until Ji-su and Jae-heon had returned to the Apartment. They had gathered some food which could be heated in a microwave. While Ji-su was busy heating some rice did the rest sat in silence around a small round table.

Ye-bin had excused herself to go to the small Bathroom. She had locked the door behind her, starring at the small mirror. Dried blood covered some parts of her Face and clothing.
Her Body was sweaty, her hair sticking to her face.
Ye-bin then started to clean her face with some cold water, sighing as it made contact with her Face.
Her expression froze as she stared back into the mirror.
Her nose had started to bleed again.

The blood mixed with the water on her face. It covered her Lips as she could taste the iron on her tongue. It then dripped onto her Neck and into the Faucet. Ye-bin started to shake as she turned the Water back on.
She filled the Faucet with water before she dipped her Hands into it.
With fast movements did she try to clean the blood off. The more water she used the worse it got.

Suddenly a knock turned her attention to the door. "Uhm.. Ye-bin, are you alright? We're waiting for you." Hyun-soo's quiet voice could be heard. Ye-bin swallowed hard as she watched her expression in the mirror staring back at herself.
"Yes, I will be there in a minute."

The bleeding had finally stopped again. Ye-bin used the rest of the Water in the Faucet to clean her Face one last time. She then dried it with some paper towels before cleaning the Faucet and leaving the bathroom.
"I'm sorry. I got lost in my thoughts again. " she spoke a quick lie. It would be better not to tell them at first. Ye-bin sat between Jae-heon and the Lady who had introduced herself as Myung-Sook.

"Let's dig in then." Du-sik spoke, taking the attention from Ye-bin.
The small Group started to eat in silence, everyone busy with his own thoughts. Ye-bin watched them all for a second. A Christian, a mother, a musician, two kids, a suicidal boy and the man who probably saved them all with his Weapons.

A strange combination of people, but it was probably the best to survive that Apocalypse. For now at least.
Ye-bin looked up to the Sound of a crying Yeong-Su. Myung-Sook comforted him as she shared some of her meat with him.

Du-sik turned around.
He grabbed a beer and handed it towards Jae-heon. He shook his Head. "I don't drink." The two shared a moment before a third hand grabbed the beer. Ji-su downed the Alcohol in a few seconds.
"Wow, you sure know how to drink."
Du-sik seemed surprised before he handed another beer towards Hyun-soo. "Here, you can have one as well." "Oh, I'm.. -" Hyun-soo started. But Du-sik seemed to understand.
"Oh right, you're a minor."
Du-sik looked around. "Right, there are kids here.. So let's not break the law. I'll buy you a drink when you become an adult. You should learn how to drink from an Adult then."
Du-sik looked back at his food as he started to drink the beer himself. Hyun-soo sighed before he looked up to watch the group.

"Do you think.. That day will come?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>

That night Ye-bin had volunteered for the first Night watch.
She crouched against the Bathroom door, her Weapon leaned next to her.
Ye-bin watched the sleeping people in the small apartment.
Ji-su was laying next to Jae-heon.
Du-sik fell asleep with his head on top of his self made gun. Yeong-Su and Su-Yeong were laying with Myung-Sook on a small mattress.
Lastly her eyes rested on Hyun-soo.

He was leaning against a kitchen counter. Ye-bin picked her Weapon up. She then made her Way over to him. "Oi, Hyun-soo. Wake up its your turn." it took a few minutes for him to realize what she wanted from him.
"What?"

Ye-bin nodded towards the door.
"It's your turn to watch it." Hyun-soo nodded while getting up. Ye-bin took his spot against the counter.
"I'm infected."

Ye-bin looked up. "What?"
Hyun-soo had turned his back towards her. "I'm infected." he repeated. Ye-bin sighed as she pulled her knees high to lay her head on top of it. "isn't everyone infected?"
"If I turn, please kill me." Ye-bin started to chew on her lower lip.
"What makes you think that I'm capable of doing that?"
Hyun-soo kept quiet. Ye-bin watched him cautious before she sighed again.
"If you turn I will kill you. But if I turn first you'll have to kill. That's the deal." Hyun-soo nodded at her words.
"That's the deal."

>>>>>>>>>>>

"You really can't trust that announcement."

Du-sik looked at Jae-heon and Ji-su.
Both had prepared themself to leave the Apartment due to a Announcement that called out to any survivors in the upper Floors.
"We can't keep sponging of you. We should do something." Jae-heon smiled slightly. "Thank you for the meals and this." he tapped onto a self made shield. "May God bless you for everything you've done for us. "
Du-sik watched the two before he folded his arms in front of his chest.
"I like Buddha."

Ji-su shared a small look of amusement with Ye-bin who had started to chuckle at Jae-heon's confused Face.
"We're going to come back to get you, if the first floor is safe."
Du-sik shook his head. "Don't make promises you can't keep.. I think I should say farewell to you."
Ji-su seemed to think about something. "You know, someone once said to me.. Even the thickest darkness dissappears with the faintest light." "Is that person still alive?" Ji-su looked down.
"Uhm, I don't know."

Silence spread again.
It broke with Ye-bin. She had taken her Weapon and her Backpack as she made her Way over to the two at the door. "Well, I won't let you two go without me. Three are better then two, right?" She smiled at Du-sik before she bowed down.
"Thank you for your kindness. You honestly safed our lives more then once."

Du-sik had a hurt expression.
"Okay. Then go. All of you, just go."
Ye-bin waved slightly at the children before she made her Way with the other two out of the door.
"Wait!" before Jae-heon could pull the door shut, did it open again.
Hyun-soo had his backpack and the Weapon in his hands.
"Can I go with you?"

>>>>>>>>>>

The Group of four made their Way downstairs. Jae-heon held his Shield high as he turned his head back to the others. "Is it okay to go downstairs? Shouldn't we grab something useful?"
"The most useful thing is our lives right now." Ji-su answered him. She walked behind him, followed by Hyun-soo and Ye-bin.

They came to a stop at another entrance to a floor. The doors were open as a person was laying in front of them. Blood covered the body.
" I'm actually relieved to see a corpse like that." Jae-heon crouched next to Ji-su who was touching the corpse.
"It's still warm. He hasn't been dead for to long." Ji-su searched through his pockets grabbing a candy bar.
She then got up and threw it towards Ye-bin. She catched it with one hand before she passed it to Hyun-soo.
"I don't want it." Hyun-soo looked at Ji-su. She pointed at the corpse.
"Then put it back."
"You're mean."
Ji-su snorted. "Yes I am. And I can do worse to survive." Hyun-soo swallowed hard before he put the candy bar into his pocket. "You're an accomplice now. Both of you." Ji-su started to walk again. Jae-heon followed her immediately. Ye-bin and Hyun-soo stayed back for a moment. They looked at each other before sighing.
"Guess she's right."

The two then turned to follow the others as their phones made a static noise. Before the two could react properly to the danger that approached them, did something crash into the two of them, pushing them over the railing. The two flew past Ji-su and Jae-heon who watched in terror how the two crashed onto the ground, laying still.

_______________________________

Hello Everyone!
Just a quick apology that it takes some time now for me to publish new Chapters. Some exams are currently kicking my ass, so bare with me haha