[13]

It seemed like nobody noticed the new added Buddy pair on the whiteboard. Maybe nobody cared enough for it to be called out. Everybody was busy with their assigned task to make the life in the green home complex safer.
They practiced the handling of someone turning into a Monster. How they could catch and get rid of them.
A few had been assigned to set up traps around the Lobby using ropes and other tools they could find.

The only one who still left the Lobby  was Hyun-su. Eun-hyuk still used him as a errand boy to fetch utensils for him and the rest of the Survivors.
It was a daily routine everyone slowly started to get used to. It almost felt like a somewhat normal life again.

Until Seok-hyeon escaped.

It wasn't a big problem to get rid of the door once he had turned completely. Ji-Eun was the first to notice him as she immediately used her whistle to call out to the others.
It didn't even take a complete minute to gather everyone around her.
Eun-hyuk with a baseball bat, Jae-Heon with his Katana, Ji-Su with her own, modified baseball bat, Ye-bin with her weaponized Umbrella and the rest who grabbed the first thing they could.

"What is it?" "Where is it?" everyone was talking until they noticed the thing in front of them.  "Is that..-"

"My Husband."

Seon-Yeong had pushed past Ye-bin and Sang-wook who wanted to step into Action. She held them back before she approached her Husband.

"Pull yourself together Kim Seok-hyeon."

She stood a few feet away from him as he extended a hand from beneath the long hair that covered his complete body. He called out to her as he approached her again.
"Pull yourself together!"

Seon-Yeong raised the pipe in her hands before she smashed it onto the Body of her Husband making him stop again. "So you decided to come back." she paused as if she was waiting for him to answer. "Any last words?" He didn't move. Instead did he grunt a few Words.

"Please... Kill me."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hyun-su entered the Lobby through the Staircase. He stopped offside the others, watching Seon-Yeong crying over her dead husband. He watched her fall to her knees before he started to move again. His steps were slow and disoriented as he slowly catched the attention of everyone.
Hyun-su stopped next to the dead person. He looked down into the large red puddle, seeing his Reflection in it. He scoffed slightly.

You'll end up like this, too

He dropped the bag he carried before he moved again. His Expression was blank as he passed the others, making his way back into the now broken down Quarantine room. As soon as he stepped inside, did it go dark in it. The Power had finally run out, leaving the Green home Complex in complete darkness.

>>>>>>>>>>

Hyun-su didn't knew how long he sat in the darkness, staring into the void.
He didn't knew if he had fallen asleep or if he was hallucinating. But as he looked up did he see himself staring down at him. He wasn't afraid, rather curious as he pushed himself onto his feet. "What are you?"

"I don't know."

Was he talking to his reflection? A mirror image of some kind?
It kept talking. "I honestly don't know what I am. But you can just start over here.." it smiled slightly. "You can live however you want now."
Hyun-su shook his head. "If I reveal my desire, I'll become a monster."
His reflection smiled wider.
"Yeah, so tell me what you really want." it started snickering as Hyun-su approached it with his weapon. He cursed as he tried hitting his reflection, breaking glass in front of him. His reflection kept laughing.
"Fine. Good Luck then."

>>>>>>>>>>>

Ye-bin sat next to Hyun-su as he startled awake. She had left the others as soon as they started to panic about their incoming end.
"So you're up now?"
She smiled at him as she crossed her arms. "It's been a while since we had our last good conversation, huh?"
Ye-bin didn't wait for an answer as she continued. "After all you're probably one of the few friends I have in this Lobby." Hyun-su had seated himself next to her.
"You know, maybe the end of the world isn't that bad." Ye-bin chuckled but Hyun-su seemed confused about her Words. "I mean-" she cleared her throat. "It's not that important anyway."

The two stayed quiet.
Both occupied by their own thoughts.
Ye-bin was the first to talk again.
She brushed her hair out of her face as she slightly leaned over to him.
"Does it hurt?"

"What?"

Ye-bin sighed.
"Turning. Does it hurt?"
Hyun-su chewed on his tongue as he searched for a proper answer.
"It hurts like hell."
Ye-bin started to laugh at his words.
"That's not really comforting, is it?"
She received a small chuckle from Hyun-su as an answer before his Face turned serious.
"Youre turning, aren't you?"

Ye-bin sighed as she pushed herself away from him. "Is it that obvious?"
Hyun-su shook his head.
"Not at all. I just wondered why you would ask something like that."
Ye-bin covered her Face with her hands. She took a shaky breath before meeting his eyes again.
"I'm scared. Every time I fall asleep do I see myself. No- someone who claims to be me." she points at her body.
"It looks like me. It speaks like me."
Ye-bin felt a arm wrap around her shoulders, pulling her near. Her Face flashed worry as she turned her head to Hyun-su. He wasn't looking at her.
In fact did he turn his head completely away from her. A blush formed on his Cheeks. He was surprised over his own bolt interaction with Ye-bin.

"Don't worry."

He cleared his throat slightly as he turned his head back to her.
"Don't worry. I'll protect you. I might don't do a very good Job. But I'll try."
Ye-bin sighed before she placed her head against Hyun-su muttering a small thank you.

_______________________________

It's been a while since I updated-
I really wanted to write a short moment between the two.. But I don't really like it now?
Anyways, stay safe guys!