-chapter one-

~Chapter one~

Los Angeles (Jonahs house) // 3rd person

"WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST FAIL MATH AND PRETEND NOTHING HAPPENED?" Jonah yelled storming inside of his 16 years old son bedroom.

"WHAT THE FUCK MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST WALK INSIDE OF MY BEDROOM WITHOUT WARNING?" Zach shouted at the same tone.

"THIS HOUSE IS MINE, I DO WHATERVER THE FUCK I WANT! NOW, AWNSER MY QUESTION!"

"WHAT WAS I SUPPOUSE TO DO NOW, HUH? STUDY? BEG YOUR FORGUIVINESS 'CAUSE I MADE A MISTAKE?"

"Studying is a start and you know I'm not mad at you because you made a mistake, I'm mad at you because you don't seem to care about school! What happened to that 8 year old boy who dreamed of being a fireman or that 12 year old boy that I never had to check homework because I knew he would always do it? " Jonah said with a sigh and in a calmer tone.

"HE GREW UP! The finals are in a month, I have a whole month to study and why do you even care? You didn't for the past what 8 years?" Zach wanted to break down and keep yelling at his father, making it clearly that he knows the subject and he only failed to try to get his attention.

"Zach stop with that! You know I was and am busy and you also know that I do care and love you, then stop that bullshit!"

"Busy doing what? Getting drunk and sleeping around?" Zach provoked looking straight into his father eyes, he wanted to break down and hug him saying that he loves him too but instead he decided to just provoke him by saying that, which wasn't exactly a lie but definitely not something you say to your father and he knew damn well that.

"You know what, Zach? I don't even know why I'm wasting my time here caring, do whatever you want, I will just say one thing, fail this year and see what happens to you." Jonah said clearly stressed and exiting the room leaving the teenager worse than he was before.

Zach made sure his father has left the house, it didn't take long, 10 minutes, before he could break down, this was already a routine. The 16 years old cried in his bed hugging the stuffed animal he has had since he was a baby for about 30 minutes until he decided to text his boyfriend, he needed Jack.

-TEXT-

Hey

Hey babe

Everything ok?

You usually don't text this
time unless something
serious happened

Can I come over?

I just don't wanna be
alone

Yeah, sure

I'll be waiting ;)

~meanwhile~

San Diego (Corbyns house) // Corbyns P.O.V

Usually, I arrive at home earlier, since I'm a teacher, most days I get to leave as I finish teaching my last classes, today, wasn't one of this days. The school I work at, is having some serious financing problems and they probably are going to close the school by the end of the school year, we had a meeting today where they explained how all of us are probably going to be unemployed. Great. That's everything I needed, I have no clue how I'm going to pay my bills without the salary, I need to find another job ASAP. The worst part is, I don't know how to tell Daniel this, I don't want to worry him about all of this and he loves the school, oh yeah, he's one of my students. Daniel still is a kid, he most definitely don't have to worry about this sort of thing, but knowing my son...

As soon as I walk inside the house I am already lulled by the melody coming from the room that Dani and I decided to transform a music studio, I walked into the room and see him playing. Daniel is really music gifted, he gets better by the day, I love see him playing, and every time you see him playing you can tell he's doing what he loves.

"That was beautiful! Is a new one?" I asked him clapping my hands. He jumps, I think I might've scared him.

"Hey dad. Yes, it is." He replied smiling and coming over me to hug me. His smile immediately dropped and his face turns up into a frown.

"What's wrong, baby?" I asked a bit concerned.

"I'm the one asking this, you aren't happy, what happened?" He asked me looking up. I sigh and sit us on the stools at the studio.

"The reason I arrived late today was that the director of the school wanted to have a meeting with me and all of the teachers, the school is probably going to be closed by the end of the semester." I explained to him.

"What will happen to us?" He asked me almost immediately clearly worried.

"I'll find another job, you don't have to worry about nothing sweetheart."

"Then why are you worrying if you are so sure?"

"Because I'm an adult and adults worry about unnecessary things." I lied poking his side trying to light the mood and it worked. I hate lying to him but I don't need him worrying about this. "Now, what do you say about a movie night? Still is 8pm, we've got time." I asked him smiling.

"Can we watch White Chicks?" Daniel asked me as I finished the sentence.

"Yup, I'll shower and change into something more comfortable, can you go set the things up?"

"Yeah."

-words count: 966 words-