-chapter eight-

~chapter eight~

Jonah's house // Zach's P.O.V

I didn't want to come back home today. Yesterday Jack let me sleep in his house, if I asked him, he probably would let me sleep in there today as well but I needed answers. Yesterday, I found out that not only was my father (Corbyn) that I hadn't seen in over 13 years talking to my other father on the park the other day, but that he probably has a son and a new life that I am not part of. Of course, I wasn't expecting him to come back and everything be "as it was before." But that does not mean that the truth hurt less yesterday.

As soon as I got home, I found my dad working on his laptop on the living room table.

"Arrived early, huh? Only 8 am from the following day." He said to me in a sarcastic tone still looking at the computer screen. "Where were you?"

"Somewhere."

"Zach, which part of you can't leave this house without telling me where you're going, you don't get it?" He asked me as if I didn't have a reason to want to stay away from him yesterday. The room stayed quiet for a minute before I ask him what I wanted so desperately.

"Do I have a brother?"

"No." Dad lied.

"Then who was that kid at the restaurant with dad the other day?"

"I don't know Zach, I wasn't there to know." He lied again.

"You're lying."

"I'm sorry?"

"You always do that thing with your hands when you lie, and you're not looking me in the eyes. Why did you never tell me I had a brother?"

"Because I didn't know shit about him!"

"Do you not care?"

"Yes, I do care but I just found out his name yesterday for your knowledge."

"Is- is that boy, Daniel, him?" I asked softly looking down, trying my best to hide my teary eyes.

"Yes, can you leave me alone now? I have work to do." He asked me. I decided in just go up to my room and leave him.

Corbyn's house // Corbyn's P.O.V

I was worried about Zach yesterday. Jonah told me that he had left after he found out that I had met him yesterday. I put myself in his shoes and I just realized now on how confused he must be now, Jonah probably didn't explain to him the whole thing. The worst part is because I was wondering how it will be that I'm going to tell Daniel this whole situation. Jonah and I agreed in meeting each other to talk again this afternoon. I still didn't forgive him for what he did, but just thinking about meeting or seeing my baby again is enough for me to try to get along with him again.

*Time skip: Later that day at the same spot (Jonah and Corbyn)*

Park // 3rd person

"How did he take?" The shorter one asked.

"Bad, but I didn't make any better."

"What do you mean?"

"He got back home today in the morning, around 8am. I was stressed about work and worried about him... When he got back we sort of had another argument. He asked me about Daniel, I told him I didn't know about him. Although Zach might be reckless and takes lots of bad choices, he is smart. He knows when someone is lying, especially me." The taller one stopped talking taking a sigh and looking at the view shaking his head.