-chapter ten-

~chapter 10~

Jonah's house // the next morning // 3rd person

The next morning, Jonah woke up excited. Nobody could get the smile off his face. In the morning, he went looking for a gift for Daniel. He remembered his ex-husband saying that his youngest son loves music and played a lot of instruments so the Frantzich imagined that he would much more like to get an instrument than a toy or a piece of clothing.

He took his time, but he found the perfect gift. He knew that Daniel already had a guitar, but what he did not have was a professional electric guitar. Corbyn accidentally comments that the 13-year-old boy was asking for one for more than 2 months. The guitar was black at the edges and had white and silver details in the middle. It was around one in the afternoon when he returned home with the guitar inside of the case in his grasp.

"Where were you?" Zach asked looking at him from the living room couch still on his pjs. "What's this?"

"Nowhere important and it's a gift."

"And this gift belongs to...?"

"Your brother."

"Hmm, why?" The 16 years old questioned confused.

"I'm meeting him today."

"Oh."

"By the way, I talked to your father, he agreed in coming over tomorrow to see you. So please, behave. He'll stay a bit here with you. I won't be around because I have a business trip to go tomorrow, so you won't have to worry about me interrupting."

"Tomorrow?" Zach asked a bit taken back.

"Yeah, got a problem with that?"

"I – I jus- no." The teen stuttered not so sure about what he was felling. Surprised? Sad? Insecure? He didn't know.

"Please, behave."

"I will."

"Good."

"What time are you going to see him? And where?"

"4pm and Santa Monica pier, why?"

"Nothing much, just curious."

Around 3pm, Jonah got in his car and made his way to the park. After that little conversation, Zach spent the rest of the day in his room alone with his thoughts. Confusion was he in person. He didn't know if he was happy to finally be seeing him; or sad because Jonah is already showing more affection to Daniel than towards him; He was feeling everything you could feel at the same time, apprehension, anxiety, happiness, sadness, fear...

Corbyn's house // 3rd person

Daniel was excited when he found out he was going to meet Jonah today, even more so when he found out he was going to meet him at an amusement park, he loved those.  Now it was about 3:10pm and they were leaving the house, heading to the pier.

"C'MON DANIEL, WE DON'T WANNA BE LATE!" The father shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

"I'm coming, wait a second!" The teen shouted making his way down the stairs. "I'm here!"

"Good, c'mon!" The faux blonde said on a cheerful tone.

*Time skip to when they arrive at the park*