'Htfinedenjdew'

[ Narrator ]

"Milo!"

"Y/n!"

"MILOOOO!"

"Y/NNNN!"

Miles and Y/n shouted to each other from opposite ends of the field. They could see each other in the distance. He raised his hand as high up as he could and waved. Y/n jumped and waved back to him. "I GOT YOU A PRESENT!" Miles shouted to her, holding up the neatly wrapped gift. "WHAT IS IT?" She shouted back.

"HUH?" He turned his ear towards her, cupping his hand around it.

"I SAID...WHAT! IS! IT?" She shouted as loud as she could, bending forward so she cold use more air. She stood back up and Miles set the present back down, cupping his small hands by his mouth. "A PRESENT!" He shouted. The young girl rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "HOW ARE YOU GONNA GIVE IT TO ME?" She asked.

"YOU'RE GONNA COME OVER HERE!" She shook her head and gave him the middle finger (which he and Quint had taught her). He gave her it back and they both giggled. The river in the woods overflowed and there was now fast moving water keeping the two apart. They had both warned them not to go near the water, as neither of the children could swim.

Miles sighed and walked close to the water. Y/n approached the water too, nervous someone would catch her. Miles sat down and picked at the dirt. "I wanna kiss you." He whined. "You're addicted to kissing." Y/n giggled. "I know. My therapist says it's because I have separation anxiety."

"What's that mean?"

"Nothing. Jump across the stream." Miles stood back up. "I can't swim!" She exclaimed. "Okay, I won't let you fall." Y/n contemplated and then sighed. "What do I get if I do go over there?"

"The present." He held it up. "Okay." She ran a little ways away and then ran back towards the stream. She jumped across it and landed on the other side. Her feet slid out from under her and she fell.

But she didn't hit the ground.

Y/n opened her eyes and Miles smiled. He helped her up and she hugged him. He hugged her back and they jumped around in excitement. "I saw a really cool spider. It was white."

Y/n pulled away to make sure it wasn't in his hand. "I didn't catch it." He pouted. She looked at his outfit, which was different from his normal outfits. "Ms. Grose said it was too muddy to wear my prince clothes." He mumbled when he realized she was eyeing the less formal outfit. Y/n nodded and Miles held up the present. She ripped it open and lifted the lid off the box.

Inside, a horrifying doll. "Miles... I love it!" She exclaimed, pulling it out. "I made it myself." He said proudly. She studied the face, running her fingers over it. It was made from some sort of burlap, probably from a sack. It had two button eyes, one was a big round black button and the other was a orange square button.

It had black stitches around the edges and for the mouth. Y/n held it against her chest and grinned at Miles. "I really love it Milo." Miles started to blush and shrugged. "Ms. Grose said I can only be outside for a little bit. I think I should go in now but you can come with me. We can have a sleepover!"

. . .

Miles and Y/n watched his fish swim around in their tank. "Hey Y/n, wanna see one jump?"

Y/n nodded and Miles grabbed a small hoop. "Quint's teaching them. He's really cool." Miles held the hoop close to the water and the two children waited. A moment later one of the fish 'jumped' through the hoop. Not really, he held it close enough to the water for it to not really have to do anything. Y/n gasped and he giggled, placing the hoop back on the table.

Y/n looked over at Miles who was staring at her. "What now?" She asked. He shrugged and looked around. His bedroom door opened and his mom walked in. Y/n admired Miles's mother. She was a beautiful woman. If only she knew how little time she would have with her. His mom came over and picked the two up.

"Alright you two, bedtime."

Miles and Y/n protested but Y/n was pretty tired. Miles had made her do any little thing he found fun. Which was a lot of things.

Y/n crawled under the covers, hugging the doll Miles made her. He eventually calmed down and settled into bed. Miles took the doll from Y/n and put it on the nightstand. "Hey-" He hugged her just like she had been hugging the doll. Y/n smiled and hugged him back. "Goodnight Miles." She muttered. He didn't say anything so the girl assumed he had already gone to sleep.

. . .

[ Y/n ]

I woke up and looked around, trying to figure out where I was. Oh, Miles's room. I looked down next to me and Miles was fast asleep. He was wearing grey pajamas with white on them. His hair was really messy and he drooled all over the pillow. I shook him a few times to wake him up. Miles groaned and pushed me off of him.

"Miles I'm hungry."

He opened his eyes and sat up. His hair was crazy, his curls going everywhere. I laughed and he whined. Miles leaned forward onto me. "Milo!"

"Y/n!" He mocked me.

I rolled my eyes and