'Oh wow'

[ Y/n ]

The Losers and I stared at Richie unable to really say anything. He cut off so much of his beautiful hair. I knew something was wrong, we all did.

Richie loved his hair. I looked over a Beverly who shrugged. Richie didn't say anything, he just walked to class.

"Well?" Eddie said, turning to me. Everyone turned to me and I looked at them. "What the fuck am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"You're his girlfriend. Go check on him maybe?" I glared at Eddie and folded my arms over my chest. "He's going to get mad at me but whatever." I ran to catch up with him, knowing he was a pretty slow walker on his own.

"Rich!" I started walking next to him, grabbing his hand. "Let's skip first, hm?" Richie kept his head down, avoiding looking at me.

"Richie?" He shrugged and I nodded. "Great." I pulled him to an empty classroom. We got inside and he took a seat in the corner of the room.

"So... I like your hair... Why'd you cut it all of the sudden?" I asked, trying not to push him too much. "It's nothing." He whispered, keeping his head down.

I knelt in front of him, grabbing his cheeks. I noticed a familiar texture as he pulled away, making me look down. "Love, are you wearing concealer?" I asked as I stared at the shade on my fingers.

"Y/n, it's nothing." Richie tried to hide himself. I shook my head and grabbed his hands, holding them in my own.

"Chee... Please show me." Richie glanced up at me and then pulled his head out of his arms. His lips were busted and I could see faint bruises on his face.

"What happened?" I asked, mortified of the answer he would give.

"Henry grabbed my hair and dragged me down the stairs. Then he and his dumbass friends chased me home. So now Henry knows where I live..."

I crawled between his legs and hugged him, running my hand over his choppy hair. Richie held me but didn't cry.

"I'm sorry Richie..."

He shook his head and kissed my cheek. "It's okay... I'm okay, really. Just a little frightened."

"So I'll stay with you. Or you'll stay with me." I offered, sitting up. Richie laughed and shook his head. I rubbed his cheek with my thumb, tracing a line over his freckles.

"Maybe... We'll see..." he answered, looking around the room. I smiled and leaned in, pressing a kiss onto his lips.

His mouth had a coppery taste that masked his normal taste of cigarettes and energy drinks.

I pulled away and sighed. Richie adjusted his glasses and we sat in silence for a moment. "Is it bad..?" He asked in a low tone.

"It's fixable." I laughed, making him laugh as well. I took his glasses off and set them on the floor. "First, I'm just going to blend this out because this is terrible... You didn't blend any into your neck so it's just... Here."

I blended out his concealer, making it look nicer and more natural. The bruises weren't going to be covered up, that was an obvious.

I stood up and dug through some drawers until I found a pair of scissors. "I'm going to cut your hair now Richie."

...

After I'd cleaned up his hair some, making it look nice and pretty again, he was making it pretty obvious he was tired and needed a nap.

"Well, we can just crawl out the window." I suggested. "Okay." He replied, standing up. I got up after him, walking over to the window.

We opened it and Richie jumped out first. I came after him, landing softly on the dirt below. Richie reached up and shut the window.

"So, my house?" I asked. Richie nodded and took my hand, leading me to the bike racks.

...