'I ain't never seen 2 pretty best friends'

[ Ms. Grose ]
Miles is six —

I was making the children their lunch when Miles came into the kitchen. I smiled at him, thinking he'd probably just come for some water.

"What can I get you Miles?" He shook his head and sat at the table. "I know what I want on my birthday." I looked over at him, showing I was listening.

"I want to marry Y/n." My eyes went wide, not sure of what to say to him. "Well that sounds like a great idea Miles. I'll take you into town and we'll buy a ring for her."

I turned around and looked at Quint, who had appeared in the doorway. "Quint you know-" "He'll be home by dinner. Don't worry about it. Come on Miles, out we go."

Miles ran to Quint, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the door.

...

When they came back, Miles was bouncing off the walls with excitement. I suspected Quint probably let him have whatever he asked for.

"Look! Look Ms. Grose!" Miles held out a small velvet box. He opened it to reveal an extravagant ring. "Miles does have a taste for the fine things in life." Quint said from across the room.

I stared in shock, this isn't real. "Quint, please tell me this isn't a real ring. How much did you spend on this ring?"

"Don't worry about it. The kids' a millionaire."

"Oh my god! He can't give this to her! Not now, they're too young!" I can't believe Quint let a six year old child pick out a wedding ring.

"We also hired a wedding planner." Quint added as he left. "Dear god."

...

After weeks of Miles finding out what Y/n's dream wedding was and making all of that come true, he was going to propose. I found out the ring cost $41,600.

I'm furious at Quint for letting the child spend that much money. Quint, Lily, a couple of the maids, and I all stood by in the woods, trying not to be seen.

I had a camera so I could take pictures of the two.

[ Y/n ]

"Hi Y/n/n!" Miles shouted, running towards me. I smiled and waved, getting up to hug him. Miles giggled and gave me a small peck on the lips.

"I- Okay!" Miles got down on one knee and turned towards the woods for a moment. I looked over and noticed Ms. Grose, his nanny, a few maids, and a tall man.

Ms. Grose has a camera which was a little weird.

I looked back at Miles and he had a small box in his hand. "You're the prettiest girl in the world and I would do annnnnnnything to make you happy so please get married to me."

I smiled and nodded, pulling Miles up. He took the ring out and handed it to me. "Which finger do I put it on?" I asked, taken aback by how fancy it was.

"Doesn't matter." Miles answered, pushing it onto my pointer finger. "So-"

"My birthday is when we'll have the wedding. My tailor said she'd make you a dress so yeah. Ms. Grose will take you shopping and you can buy whatever you want."

"Like a ring for you?" I asked. "Well, no. I'm the man. I don't get a ring." I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"My dad has a ring. The boys do get a ring. It's just like, a gold one." Miles sighed and sat down, waving the audience off.

"You don't have to get me one." He mumbled, looking at me. "Well, I want to." I sat down next to him and wrapped my arms around his waist.

Miles wrapped his arms around my neck and we hugged each other. "Milo..." I whispered, looking up at him.

Miles pushed some hair out of his face and looked down at me. "Yeah?"

"I'm happy I'm marrying you."

Miles smiled and hugged me close to him. "I'm happy I'm marrying you too."

...

A week passed and it was the day of our wedding my parents were so happy for Miles and I. They especially liked the ring he got for me.

At first they tried to convince me that it wasn't real because "you can't legally marry someone until you're 18" but they gave up and ended up just telling me how happy they were.

My dad was a little angry that Miles didn't ask him for my hand first so Miles met with him and they talked for a loooooooooooooong time.

Miles said my dad gave him a long lecture.

I was so excited as my mom helped me put my dress on, buttoning it in the back. She put on the veil I chose and fixed my hair.

"My, my... Aren't you cute." I smiled and grabbed the speech I wrote off the table. My mom helped me think of it.

[ Ms. Grose ]

Miles stood on the alter, rocking himself on his heels. Quiet stood behind him, of course he was his best man.

One of the maids slowly walked behind Flora, tossing flowers. Miles and Y/n decided Flora would be their flower girl.

Flora crawled towards Miles who was crouched down, reaching out for her. When Flora was close enough, Miles picked her up, kissing her head.

The organ started to play and Miles quickly handed me Flora, taking his vows. They were written on notecards in a variety of different colors.

He'd incorporated some of his fathers vows as well.

The doors opened and little Y/n came walking down the isle, her dad holding her tiny hand. At first, we didn't want the wedding to happen but then we all decided just to let it happen.

It's not legalized anyways.

Her parents sat down next to me and said hello to Flora and I. Y/n and Miles were beaming at each other, holding hands.

[ Miles ]

She looks really pretty. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach now.