'Hate this'

[ Y/n ]

I stared at B, tears in my eyes. "I can't stay here anymore..." he whispered, looking at the ground. "Please don't leave..." I cried, my heart breaking.

"I'm sorry." His voice cracked and I could see his tears on his cheeks in the moonlight. "You could come with me." He whispered.

I shook my head, a sob escaping my lips. I ran into his arms, holding onto him. B buried his head in my shoulder and we both started to cry.

He pulled away a moment later, his hands reaching up to grab my cheeks. "Please be safe." I whispered, holding onto his wrist. B leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips, which I gladly returned.

"I'll be back in a few days to see you one last time. If you still decide you don't want to come... That'll be the last time we see each other."

I shook my head in disbelief, wrapping my arms around him again. "Please stay with me..."

B nudged me off and put a hand in my hair. He kissed my forehead and I knew I couldn't convince him to stay.

"I love you." He whispered. I nodded and stared at him. "I love you too..."

...

I laid in bed and cried, hugging my pillow to my chest. I kept recalling all the moments that led up to this. All of the times he'd talked about his future.

"When I'm 16, I'm going to run away and live an amazing life! I'm gonna steal cars and everything!"

"I fucking hate my life. I can't wait another goddamn second. I'm gonna run away one day."

"Maybe we could have a life like Suzy and Sam... Minus the funding us part."

"Look... I planned it out. Here's where I'll go."

"Y/n I'm going to go! I don't fucking care if you're with me or not! I fucking hate it here! I hate it so fucking much!"

"I just want it to be me and you... In a car, driving away from everything. Maybe we'll get a dog too."

I never took him seriously. I never expected him to actually do it. When we were younger, he used to really scare me with all that.

He'd ask me to cover for him so he could spend the night in the woods, improving his survival skills.

I never liked it.