'First hunt'

( Lonely Hearts Club )

I paced at the door, so excited for my first hunt. B walked up and lightly kissed my neck, trailing up to behind my ear.

I let out a low groan as he continued to kiss me. "You'll be careful, right? You won't leave my side, right?"

I nodded frantically and let out little yips. I quickly covered my mouth and B laughed. "You'll learn to control it." I nodded and B opened the door.

We walked out and the pack turned to us. "There's another pack hunting right now so try to stay out of the west side of the woods."  Tanya warned.

I nodded and grabbed B's hand. He rubbed my knuckles and kissed the crown of my head. "Here." I looked up and Rebecca handed me a knife. "Strap it to your thigh. S-since you don't like using your bare hands..."

I smiled and fastened the harness around my leg. "Hot." B mumbled. I nudged him and we started into the woods.

After walking around for a little while I was tired and wanted water. "Go to the river bed, you'll find some water there." I shrugged and walked over. Upon arrival, there was a group of teens standing around, waiting for me it seemed. I froze and stared at them.

"I- I'm just getting water." I pointed at the river. "Don't drink from there. Here, someone pass her a fresh bottle."

One of them handed the boy a bottle and he tossed it to me. I caught it and thanked him, cracking it open. "Hey, would you like to come grab some veggies? We have a lot over here and we know there aren't many over there."

I gripped my sweater and shrugged. "I don't know... My mate wouldn't like that. He's very protective of me. He'll flip his shit if he finds out I was talking to you."

The alpha nodded and sat down. "Who's your mate then?" I kicked at the leaves, anxious to tell a rival pack my mate was the alpha. "B-B—" "Bobert? That fucking dumbass? Jesus Christ. Let me see your claim mark."

I pulled the collar down and came a little closer to the bank. "Well, he sure did claim you."

"Y/N!" I turned around and then looked back at the group. "Bye." I waved to them and ran off. While I was looking for B, I tripped over a loose root and fell.

There was a pop and then pain in my ankle. I yelped in pain and my head hit the ground. I landed on a rock and cried out again. There was a searing pain in my ankle and my forehead.

I felt the tears start as I watched blood drip onto the rocks below me. "Y/N!" B cried frantically. I didn't have the motivation to call back. I was focused on the pain.

Blood dripped down my face, into my eyes. I wiped it away and started to cry harder. The pain was becoming worse by the minute.

"Baby!" B came around the tree and sat down. "What happened? Where does it hurt?"

I gasped for air, pointing at my ankle. B moved down and looked at my sock. "It's pretty swollen, I can see that. I'm don't think it's broken though. I'm going to pop it back into place." I shook my head and kicked him away with my good foot.

"Hey! It's only going to get worse!" He shouted at me. I started to cry even harder because of him yelling at me.

"Shit... I'm sorry little bunny. I didn't mean to shout... Do you want Io to look at it?" I nodded and he wiped my tears away. "Alright, come on." B picked me up and started to carry me in a different direction.

The pain was unbearable and I just wanted it to stop. Not to mention I was starting to feel pretty light-headed.

"B..." I mumbled as my grip loosened. "Yes?" Be asked. "I think I'm gonna blackout..."