my gold , my treasure

a/n : i adore this wtf??

2474 words (minus a/n)
dreambur soulmate au

——

soulmates are an interesting thing aren't they? someone that's meant for you. someone that just clicks with you. it's something hopeless romantics can cling to the moment they learn about it. some people have platonic soulmates if they don't do the whole romance thing and some have multiple soulmates.

from the young age of sixteen you meet your soulmate. the first night you sleep at sixteen you end up going to place that's so vivid it feels real, it is but isn't at the same time. the person you see there is real and the place your in is real but it's a dream spot for you two. when you meet them you get to learn about each other and through that you learn if this is a platonic or romantic soulmate.

but wilbur didn't like soulmates much.

he was a person who adored all things romance from birth so turning sixteen was something he couldn't wait to happen but when it did happen it made wilbur feel alone. nobody was there. nobody was waiting for him and nobody came in.

so he cried. he cried in that dream world and he woke up with dried tears on his face. later his mother comforted him by saying that maybe his soulmate just hadn't turned sixteen yet and that helped calm the brunet.

he just had to continue waiting so he did yet nobody ever came in. wilbur didn't believe the "your soulmate just hasn't turned sixteen" excuse anymore.

years past and he was now in his early 20s. literally all his friends had met their soulmate. they would talk about them often and say how much they wanted to meet them in real life or if had already, talk about how much they wanted to see them again. if they asked wilbur about his soulmate the brunet would glare at them in annoyance. his closer friends needing to explain to people that he hadn't met them yet. people gave him a pitied look then left unless they had a pity sentence to give him too.

some people told him he might just not have a soulmate and that having a platonic soulmate was a myth. those people would be punched by wilbur's closest mate, techno. his pink haired friend had a platonic soulmate so easily could debunk it. for some reason as comforting as it is to have a friend who would probably kill someone for you, it made wilbur feel worse. it meant his soulmate was avoiding meeting him.

at this point he had learnt everything about his dream spot. how the sun would always set. how the moon would never rise. the way he'd always have a cup of lemonade awaiting him and the way the lemonade always had ice cubes in it. they didn't melt until hours later. the tree he sat under was old, tall and had plenty of leaves. enough leaves that made the spot he sat in shaded. wind blew at wilbur's side, becoming the only thing close to a companion there. always blowing his hair into his face, never going into his eyes but that's because it was dream. there was two details he couldn't wrap his head around though. one was he always felt a pain at his thigh and back. it was extremely painful but it was a bitch to deal with. the other was that he always heard rustling in the bushes and if he checked them there was nothing but a green notebook with a large smiley on the cover.

meeting clay was weird. wilbur met clay in a starbucks. wilbur heard the bell of the door jingle, footsteps and someone ordering a cup of coffee. nothing out of the ordinary until the person looked at wilbur and they made eye contact. the person looked at wilbur like they recognised him even though wilbur knew he never met this person in his life. he was blond, tall, had hazel green eyes and light freckles on his face that wasn't too noticeable until you looked at him for a while. they ended up coming over to wil and asking his they could sit in the seat across from him.