i was meant to be yours 2

a/n : part two wasn't demanded but i ended up making one. oh and question if i made a book for wilbur angst oneshots would you read it?

729 words (minus a/n)
dream x wilbur soulmate au

——

poison filled his body. his hands felt heavy and legs felt weak. all he could see was clay smirking with the red string wrapped around his fingers. all he could awdo was fall.a

then he hit the ground and woke up.

he woke up in a room he grew tired of seeing. but he could feel there was something different in this loop. maybe it was the fact the suffocating feeling never left? or maybe-

"wake up bitch!" a familiar annoying comforting voice yelled. wilbur looked at his doorway to see his younger brother. "i'm awake.." wil said slightly annoyed by the presence of tommy but relieved it was someone he actually cared about.

"school starts in two hours. hurry up or we're leaving without you!" tommy then ran off before wil could respond.

after the events that would happen once more, he felt so uncomfortable. but the familiar room, tommy, and soon his other brothers, were comforting even if they didn't try to be.

wil had taken a shower, brushed his teeth and got dressed. the whole time he did these tasks he was shaking. he hadn't recovered from the poison his soulmate had forced into him.

he walked to the kitchen with shaking legs and with a racing heart.

he could still taste clay's lips. he despised the taste. mint. he despised the boy who held that flavour simply to use it against wilbur. he felt tears build up but he didn't want the others to know. it'd be an inconvenience to them.

"are you okay?" wil looked up and saw phil, who had a concerned frown. "y-yeah i'm fine" why did you stutter? "i promise"

phil looked at wilbur suspiciously. he didn't believe wilbur's words. he could tell something was up. "william." phil said in a fatherly tone. "okay fine i'm not fine.. it's just related to my soulmate that's all.."

phil stared at wilbur worried before speaking up "did you deny them?" and those words caused a flood to escape wilbur's eyes. he nodded as phil's eyes softened at the sobbing boy. "wil.."

"i can't do this i can't do this i can't do this i can't.. i can't.. do this.." the brunette was shaking more, tears flooding out. he gripped his hair desperately. the boy was sobbing on the floor with poison running through his veins and the string tightening around his neck.

"wilbur.?" the familiar, once comforting, voice called out. wilbur looked up to see tommy and phil looking at him with worried eyes. but he didn't trust them anymore, he trusted clay and look what happened.

all he did was push them out the way and run off. he hoped he wouldn't run into clay. but hope brings you nothing but disappointment. he ran into clay and felt the string get tighter.

"hey~" the poisonous voice cooed in the brunette's ear. "you look real shaken up. what's wrong?" wilbur stared at clay, refusing to respond. this fact caused the blond to grab him by the shirt and bring him closer to his face. "it's rude to ignore your soulmate."

wilbur could only do one thing.
say those words that lived at the tip of his tongue. the words were a pain to say but he had to or this loop would never end.

"i.." "you what?" "i.. love you.." the three words came out hesitantly. wilbur didn't even believe he still did. "and i don't" clay said with an annoyed tone.

in that moment he felt his body get weaker and weaker. clay dropped wilbur into the ground. the two boys stared at each other. the two had swapped places in a way. wilbur was the one smiling while holding the red string while clay looked at him with wide eyes.

"hey clay," wilbur said with a grin, as the red string got tighter and tighter. the tall brunette simply accepted his fate and continued his sentence "fuck you" he said still grinning. he soon let out his final breath.

the red string loosened and wilbur fell limp. clay eyes became widener when he noticed after the red string disappeared hand marks appeared on wilbur's neck.

hand marks the resembled clay's.

they were soulmates that's no lie. but they were meant to be in only a dream.

that's why the words never came out.

you can't hear a dead person scream.