pink

a/n : as i work on the requests have this honestly bad oneshot.

1713 words (minus a/n)
platonic wilbur and techno
tw : almost death
note : they are fourteen in this

——

a brunette bursted out laughing. "i finally won-on!!~" the child chanted musically. he looked at his friend who was just barely behind. "you won by a little!" the friend yelled. "but i still won!" the other child yelled pouting. the brunette walked over to him and placed his hands on his shoulders. "we can play another game if you like" he smiled, hoping his friend wasn't upset about losing but he felt like he did as his friend stayed silent.

the brunette didn't like the feeling that clouded his mind then. he wished he hadn't won. so he stood there silently thinking until softly saying "hey.. uhm we can play by the water" "you know that's risky.. right beanie?" a hint of concern in his voice. the beanie wearing child smiled at the other. "well you really like risk so to cheer you up we can play by it"

the child blue eyed child stared at wil. he didn't understand why he was so willing to put himself at risk just to cheer his friend up. he didn't understand why wil wanted to cheer his friend up so badly, it was just a game he wouldn't be all pissy about it for the rest of his life. so why? why did wilbur care?

"i'm not upset really.." the younger child said but not convincing enough. "let's go c'mon!" the brunette took his friend's hand and started walking over to the sandy cliff. soon enough they were at the sand. the fear he had wasn't completely gone but he forgot about worrying. "woah" was all he let out. wilbur giggled "see i told you this would cheer you up!" "first time you were right" the younger laughed. "hey!" wilbur whined.

[ ???'s pov ]

wil was going on a little ramble about this one band he really liked. we'd been sitting close to edge of the cliff for a while now. unless i looked down i would forget how high up we were. as he was talking about the band i looked down, all i could see was water below. it was a large lake, it didn't connect with the ocean it was just there being a large body of water.

i felt a slight pain in my shoulder. i looked over at wilbur who was pouting. "you weren't listening" "i'm sorry beanie" i unknowingly said with a smile. "it's alright but i'm offended that the king of our kingdom didn't find my love for music interesting!" he said dramatically while placing the back of his hand onto his forehead. "maybe if you didn't wear that dumb pink sweater all the time i'd listen" i said jokingly. "heeey!! my pink sweater has nothing to do with you not listening!" he whined. "pink is such a distracting colour it brings attention. how am i suppose to not distracted and not listen" "first of all that makes no sense and secondly, bleh!" he stuck his tongue out at me. we stared at each in quiet for a moment until we bursted out laughing.

"but really you should give pink a shot it's a great colour!" he grinned. "you'd never see me wearing pink" i looked at him blankly. he crossed his arms and pouted. "you can't say you'd never wear pink!" "i think i just did" i smirked. he looked at me defeated for a moment until he grinned and looked at me. he took off his sweater (he had a shirt underneath) and started to attempt to put it on me.

i got up and tried to get him off me. he continued to try and put it on me. he laughed while chasing me in circles, i started laughing as well. what can i say, his laugh is contagious.

we continued to goof around until he got the sweater on my head. it was almost on. again we were goofing around and i didn't want to be defeated by the pink sweater. so i pushed him. just a shove.

it was the type of shove you would give to a person to make them fall but it was also the type of shove you could laugh about. however we couldn't laugh, we couldn't laugh about how stupid this whole thing was, we couldn't do anything together anymore.