colours

a/n : i was writing fluff then tommy died and now 'tip of the l'iceburg' has a buddy

935 words (minus a/n)
cw : death mention

——

red. that was he could see for a while.

he could hear laughter but it slowly faded into nothing but a flatline that burned into his ears like lava. the laughter was horrid to hear but when it faded into nothing but a sound akin to the noise that followed the blast caused by someone tommy looked up to all his life, he felt like crying. even if the flatline sounded more peaceful in comparison to a mad man's laugh and even if it was the sound that could be turned into silence. it was a sound that was more horrid than the other simply because he's heard it before from the outside whilst watching the person he saw as an older brother turn into his last name, soot.

then there was black.

it was like a void of some kind and it seemed to be small yet the blond found him walking for what felt like hours. but there was a white bright light at the end of the dark void. the closer he got the more the light seemed less bright and more like a soft light yellow akin to the light from a lightbulb. there was no noise in the void but the light seemed to be full of it, laughter that wasn't mad and a familiar voice blurred from distance.

he took a step forward but it sent his a shock through his body and everything felt horrible. he looked down at legs and saw bruises decorated them along with the bandaids that always did. then he saw his hands and arms were also painted with purple and red. tommy sighed and closed his eyes for a minute. perhaps if he forgot the bruises were there it could hurt than those spots did when they first were painted on. he continued walking towards  the only thing that wasn't like the dark void around it, no matter how painful the steps might be.

when there was yellow,
tommy felt conflicted.

there seemed to be home, a cottage of sorts, in the middle of the void. the building style of it was so familiar but he couldn't quite tell why. he could hear the people who lived inside better than before, each spoke with an accent different from the other. they were so loud but there wasn't anything there besides them so they had no reason to be quiet.

one had a voice that sounded like rocks being thrown that slipped out of the person's vocal cords rather nicely, his words seemed slightly slurred though. the blond grimaced slightly at the familiar sound of the american alcoholic.

another had a voice that came out loud and strong. laughter seemed to be coming out of his mouth after every word another person said. sometimes he would scream if schlatt threatened him. the familiar voice of mexican dream was something tommy didn't expect to hear today.

then there was his voice, honey and golden. he sounded like he did before paranoia hit him, before he died when the nation he made, when he was wilbur. yet there was an undertone of sadness to his voice however but tommy still smiled at sound of his voice, it gave him comfort.

so tommy knocked on the dark wood door in hopes to hold his older brother figure once more. he was hesitant to knock but he pumped himself up in his head, it'd be worth it.

"someone's knocking on the door man"

"shut the fuck up"

tommy knocked again.

"sally get the door"

a sound of water splashing and water dripping followed before the doorknob started to twist. then there was a women with red hair up to her shoulders, sea green eyes in a suit with water droplets on it. she also had nine tails and a pair of fox ears on top of her head.

"hi! you must be tommy, the uhm.. brother was it?" she spoke with a dutch accent.

"kinda?" tommy didn't really know to reply to the women, her existence was sorta shocking but there's a bunch of dead people here so—

"wilbur, tommy's here!" she shouted then turned to find the brunet gone from his seat. the older's name was almost never said after he died, normally replaced with ghostbur or alivebur. tommy wondered if wil would act like his normal self or if he just sounded that way, hopefully it wasn't the latter. she looked back a tommy with a small smile then spoke once more,

"he's in his room, it's the one with blue leaking from it, so off you pop!" sally gently pulled tommy inside and pointed over to the stairs.

before tommy went to wilbur's room he looked around the main area of the cottage. it was full of decorations that screamed of the people who put them there's personality. photos of random men and a blonde lady were on some walls, jumpers scattered around the flat while some were neatly settled in a basket made out of sticks, a blue sheep slept on the couch next to short man and there was a fish tank full of colourful pebbles, seaweed and coral. windows had no curtains to cover them but why would they? nothing but a void was outside so they had nothing to hide from an outside world that didn't exist.

he took small steps towards wilbur's room, growing anxious with each one.

when he got close to the door he could hear guitar strums and humming. the humming was broken and wobbly while the strums were messy.

when there was blue,
tommy hesitantly knocked.