blobs and beanies

a/n : happy late birthday to wilbur and WOO SLEEPY BOI TOMMY!! this was meant to be finished earlier-

1445 words (minus a/n)
dream x wilbur

——

perhaps staring wasn't the right move since if the dirty blonde boy was to turn his head he'd see wil. wilbur was a somewhat confident guy, he was the one to start friendships, bring people out their shells, do the group presentation willingly and he could speak to strangers without hesitating in everything he said but all this confidence was melted when he was with clay. he struggled to speak, he spoke quietly and he'd run back into his shell.

one time him and his friend were goofing around. his friend was playing violin and wilbur was singing freestyle. then out of nowhere clay walks by and compliments wilbur's singing. 't-thank you..' a red faced wil said quietly, there was a smirk on clay's face but the brunette didn't notice.

he was such a mess around the boy with a gorgeous face. he finished his work early and ended up staring at clay. his dirty blonde hair was neatly styled and his hazel eyes were so pretty he loved staring into them. then wil noticed two things, clay had a large grin and his freckled face had a pink tint to it. he was blushing.

the brunette looked closer and saw that clay had finished his work early. whatever he was writing was unrelated to the work. as wil was staring, clay turned his head and locked eyes with him. wilbur's face went red and he quickly covered his face with his hands.

clay chuckled. he'd been analysing wilbur for some time now. you see the dirty blonde has a crush on the brunette soo he decided to watch a bunch of videos about crushes and signs. he knew he liked wil but he wanted to know if wil likes him. it might've been a bit extra to learn about crushes and analyse the actions of his own crush to see if he liked him back maybe just maybe it was a bit extra. from what he could tell the brunette did like him back so now he needed a way to ask out the brunette.

"okay let me get this.. straightn't, you want me to help ask out your dream boy?" wilbur's younger brother said with his hands together. wilbur nodded. "where's your confidence big man??" tommy asked way to loudly. wilbur was used to his loud brother but it still did got them looks. "my confidence failed me.." wil said quietly. "i'll only help you because i miss the cool confident wilbur! but i'm not doing everything"

guess what? he did almost everything.

the two tall lads made there way to clay or rather dream boy's locker. the beanie wearing boy was extremely nervous. his foot tapped rhythmically and the boy hummed in an attempted calm himself. "hey uhm toms.." tommy's friend tapped him on the shoulder. tommy looked at them. "what's wrong with wilbur?" dream boy" the blonde replied simply. before toby could say another word clay walked up and oh boy did wilbur become even more of a mess.

"hey clay!" tommy yelled out, running over to clay with wilbur following suit. "what do you want tommy?" the older blonde was curious as to what the younger wanted. he knew tommy was wilbur's brother but that's all he really knew. speaking of wilbur, clay's eyes travelled over to him. he wondered why the beanie wearing boy was so nervous. 'it's probably related to whatever tommy wants' clay thought.

"i want you to- oW!" tommy looked over at his nervous wreak of a brother with a glare. wil had stomped on his foot, purposely so he'd know to not take the sentence the way it was going. the blonde boy cleared his throat and stood with slightly better posture than before.

"how are.. your grades?" tommy looked over to wil but gained no reply of any sorts. "straight a's" clay answered, putting away his books not paying much attention to tommy. "ask him if his grades make him happy" wilbur whispered to tommy. "so dream bitch do your grades make you happy?" clay took notice that wil whispered something to tommy, deciding to stay and pay attention to the conversation more than before he replied "no but my friends do" tommy again looked over at wil for some sort of reaction and he did get one but not the one he expected. "i love this man" tommy could barely hear the brunette mumble.

clay looked at them confused. wil then whispered to tommy again "can you tell clay that when he's happy i'm happy?" tommy looked at the nervous brunette and sighed. at this point he realised he was going to do everything and just went along with it. "when you're happy big man wilbur is happy" clay blushed slightly, luckily for him the blush wasn't too noticeable. "that's sweet.. i love his caring nature" clay said attempting to mask the amount of serotonin that fact gave him with a simple smile.

"t-tell.. tell him i really like the uhm.. shade of green his hoodie is" the brunette whispered. for a moment you could see clay's face light up, this conversation was a huge serotonin booster but clay quickly calmed himself. "me too, it's my favourite colour actually!" he said with a grin.

tommy's phone vibrated and the blonde checked it to see a message from toby.

'this sounds like flurting'

'you spelled flirting wrong'

'are they flerting?'

tommy chuckled and looked over at toby simply nodding with a thumbs up. wilbur patted tommy's shoulder, gaining his attention and soon wilbur whispered "can you uh.. ask him if he loves me as much as he loves his friends.." tommy nodded and spoke up "do you love wilbur as much as you love your friends?" as he said this his phone vibrated aggressively, the blonde turned on his phone to see eight messages from toby all reading 'this sounds like flurting' tommy smiled a bit and looked back up at clay.

the dirty blonde stood there thinking with a slightly flushed face. he didn't really understand why he got so red from that question but he did. "o-of course" he answered hoping it was a good enough answer and it was. even though it was just friendly love wilbur still blushed, he liked knowing clay liked him in a way.

the boys stood there silently with flushed faces. then tommy's phone vibrated again, 'this is deffo flerting' he chuckled and before responding he looked over to wil. he noticed the smile pure joy on his brother's face and smiled just seeing it.
'just let it happen'  he responded then turned off his phone.

the silence was broken when wilbur tapped tommy's shoulder and when he knew he had his attention whispered "can you ask him what's his favourite food is please.." tommy nodded. "clay what's your favourite food?" the dirty blonde jumped a bit when he heard tommy's voice, he didn't expect it after the long silence. "oh uh.. probably pizza. basic" it was silent for a bit again but then wilbur whispered "can you ask him if he's free this weekend" "wilbur asks if your free this weekend" tommy said seconds after wil. "this weekend or next weekend?" "this weekend"

the dirty blonde smirked, he felt like he knew where this was going. "depends if i'm busy or not. why?" tommy looked over at wil who now had his foot tapping anxiously. "ask.. ask him if he wants to get pizza with me this weekend" wilbur whispered as he fumbled with his hands. "do you want to get pizza with wilbur this weekend?" the smirk on clay's face was replaced with big grin, oh boy the blob was happy. he attempted to calm himself again before asking "where?" "pizz- pizz- pizza hut" wilbur said quietly but loud enough for clay to hear. "that's the best choice!" the dirty blonde said overjoyed. he chuckled awkwardly and quickly said "i mean.. good choice"

"please.. please ask him if that's a yes" the beanie wearing boy whispered. "is that a yes?" "if he pays" clay responded calmly, hiding his excitement.. wilbur however didn't hide it "i will!! i will!!" the brunette shouted, gaining attention of   passersby. "s-sure" clay said with a flush face. tommy turned to wil with a grin "he said yes-" "YES!! thank you tommy!" clay just stared at wil fondly, he found his very noticeable excitement cute. "i'll see you this weekend clay!" wil said running to doors of the school. "DON'T LEAVE ME!!" tommy yelled running after wilbur.

clay just chuckled and started walking to the doors. he'd never thought he'd be so excited to get pizza.