i was meant to be yours 3

a/n : here's part three because yeah, it's more wholesome i swear- and if you guys say part four then i might as well create a book for this au so it doesn't clog up the oneshots-

687 words (minus a/n)
dream x wilbur soulmate au

——

william gold :

death by suffocation.

murderer clay johnson, found by handprints on the victim's neck.

burnt red string found at the crime scene.

clay was reported to be shockingly silent.

clay was found dead in his prison cell.

torn apart red string found in his cell.

two boys sat together in a white void.
one boy was documented the victim and the other was documented the culprit.

the two boys looked different from how they looked alive.

wilbur was paler, his hair ruffled to cover his face with his now white eyes peeking out. his body was cold, lacking the warmth he had alive. the boy wore red strings in his hair, a drown out yellow oversized jumper tucked into black jeans with a white dress shirt underneath. his neck had red marks left wear the string had choked him.

clay was the same skin tone from when he was alive. his hair was a lighter blond, his eyes the same as his dull green hoodie. he wore black sweatpants that looked like the prison get up. he also bandages on his neck and face. the places that were found to have been hit with serious damage. he also had a red string wrapped around his arms.

the two boys didn't mind the change, they felt comfortable somehow. it almost felt normal. "so.. how was jail?" wilbur said sitting criss cross apple sauce with his hands holding his feet. "it was boring!" clay whined.

"so was being stuck in a loop for months" wilbur said half heartedly. clay simply looked at him with pity.

"did you find out how you got in a loop.?"

"well yes. you took foreverr to die so i had do something while waiting!" wilbur spoke as if he was annoyed but the look on his face said otherwise. he seemed relieved.

soon the brunette yanked at one of the strings in his hair and from the string a notebook appeared. clay looked at him confused, the blond point back and forth from the notebook to wilbur's hair. "i'm built different." the messy haired lad said with a grin which clay rolled his eyes and chuckled at.

"i did some digging and i found out that there's these things called dd soulmates or detached dream soulmates. these types of soulmates are separated in a way that makes it so it seems they don't get along or that they could never be soulmates. like if it's a pair that always fights or one were the romance it in is hopeless. these types are hard to spot and only the two in the quote on quote relationship know due to seeing their soulmate in dreams."

wilbur went on pointing at scribbles in the notebook ever so often. the brunette seemed fascinated with the research and excited to talk about it.

"that's the type of connection we have which is why we're here in the white void. the white void is the place the once detached soulmates can connect their souls. basically the white void is the dream world thing. the loop was most likely caused by me breaking how dd soulmates are meant to work." brunette finished with a slight grin.

"you- you- holy shit" the blond stuttered out dumb founded. he watched as wilbur put the string back into his hair, the notebook disappearing. "how did you learn that so quickly-" "you took forever and i had to do something to not be bored" "right."

"there's still some more we could learn. if you want we could.. learn some stuff about the void together.?" wilbur made it sound like it was a question. he hid behind his messy hair with a slight pink shade decorating his face, worried on how the other would reply. but he worried for nothing because the blond merely responded with "i'd love to"

"woo!"

the red string connects to souls, a dream allows them to see and a death by the string will allow them to be.

it's a pity they couldn't match alive.
but now they're dead and can bond in the endless void of the afterlife.

-tobias