hanahaki 2

707 words
wilbur x george

——

"you got blood all over the shower again" "sorry?" "the bathroom looks like a crime scene" niki said with a smile. wilbur chuckled "it looks like that one time you ripped off a pigeon's head" the two laughed with noticeable differences in them. niki's sounded cheerful and put together. wil's sounded cheerful but his voice raspy and falling apart.

the two bonded over the past few weeks. they both knew wilbur was going to die a slow and painful death. they both knew the cures but no matter what niki said he couldn't be convinced.

telling george wasn't a good idea. as much as she wanted to tell him it would be rude to expose wilbur like that. yet george needed to know, she couldn't let wilbur die. but how could she let george know without telling him?

"welcome you can come inside!" niki said with a nervous smile. george smiled back and walked inside. it smelt like they sprayed a load of air freshener to cover up something. george brushes it off for the time being.

he and niki walked over to the coach and took their respective seats. "do you want anything? like snacks or drinks" niki asked with her hands interlocked and resting on her knees. "oh i like w.. water" he replied hesitating a bit.

"how are you and green?" her voice  full of curiousness. "oh.. he's uhm avoiding me. i don't know why" george looked away from niki and over towards a door.

"but you and clay have been hanging out together so much, how could he be- wait.. describe your crush for me."

"oh uh.. m-blonde hair, b-green eyes uh-" george looked up and saw niki staring at him. "mocha hair, brown eyes and let me guess he's tall" niki said sounding relieved and smiling. "how'd you-" "you hesitated describing clay and you said green has been avoiding you." "oh.."

the two sat there in silence. two minutes passed and niki's voice came into air again, "you like wilbur.. don't you?" the question caused george to blush. he didn't expect the question, he didn't know what he expected but it wasn't that. "..yes"

"tell him" "but-" "just tell him"

and so george found his way to wilbur's door. he knocked twice, no reply. he knocked again and same as last time. he felt nervous, as if something was wrong and wilbur wasn't okay. he exhaled and opened the door.

he didn't see wilbur. he only saw dry blood on his bed, petals scattered over the room and a fresh blood trail leading to the bathroom. george was clueless as to what happened but didn't matter in that moment, after standing there in shock he found his feet rushing to the bathroom door and his hands desperately trying to open it.

"open the door.. open the door please.. wilbur open the door.." his voice was shaking just as much as his legs were. "go away" a voice said from the opposite side of the door. he recognised it to be wilbur but he sounded so different. his voice seemed gone and it sounded so raspy.

"wilbur i just want to talk.." "talk about you leaving? sure!" his voice filled with anger and annoyance, yet it kept the undertone of it being a forced voice that was long gone. "wil i need to tell you something." it was silent until wilbur spoke up again, his voice seemed more gone than before. "tell me what? oh green didn't work out so now i love blue again! save it"

"wil of course i still like green!" "then run off in the sunset with them!" "you don't understand-" "understand what? that my stupid crush will always like someone else!?" the room fell silent.

"you like me..?" george said sounding surprised. "wil?" he tried to open the door again and it worked. he gently opened the door. and what was waiting him at the other side was..

a garden of a person.

tears ran down george's face, he stared at who was yellow and green. stared at who should've been the first choice. now wil was blue again and he hated it.

"you were green.. i liked you too.."

but wil would never know that.