05|Runaway Son

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

Summer holidays 5th year❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

ELOISE ALWAYS remembered the rainy night on July 20th, in the summer vacation of her 5th year. It must have been close to 4 in the morning when her mother burst into her room, waking up her daughter. No explanation was given as to why Eloise had to get dressed at that terrible time.

Assuming it was indeed urgent, Eloise quickly put on some jeans, a t-shirt she had nicked from Remus and a jacket. She rushed down the stairs, pulling on her shoes.

What surprised her was that Fleamont Potter stood by the foot of the stairs. "Is James okay?" Eloise urged, jumping down the last few steps. Fleamont turned to look at the girl. "Yes. My son is alright, Eloise," He assured the frantic girl. "Then why are you here?" She asked.

"Fifteen minutes ago, Sirius showed up on our doorstep."

Eloise's eyes widened. "What happened to him? Is he-" Eloise was interrupted. "Eloise, dear," Fleamont rested a warm hand on Eloise's shoulder. "I'm here to take you to my house, your parents have already agreed for you to come with me." Eloise smiled and turned back to her parents and said a quick hello before wrapping herself in her maroon cloak.

Fleamont offered his arm and Eloise took it. Eloise detested side apparation, but as soon as she found herself in the Potter living room, she ignored all the sickness she felt and rushed towards her two best friends on the blue couch.

"Paddie!" Eloise wrapped her arms around him, she noticed how he was shaking despite already being dry. There was a cut under his eye, his knuckles were bloody and he just generally looked dishevelled. Eloise sat on Sirius' right side and she looked past him. James and Eloise's eyes met.

"What happened?" Eloise whispered, her voice unusually soft. "He ran away and got disowned," James whispered, rubbing his friend's shoulder.

"Let me take your cloak." Eloise looked up startled to see Euphemia Potter standing before her. "Oh, thanks." Eloise handed her cloak to the older woman. "Here, I made some warm tea for the three of you." Euphemia smiled as she handed out the cups.

Sirius looked at her. Euphemia had pitch black curls that were tied into a messy bun, she had laughter lines on her face, her robe was neatly tied and she had those warm hazel eyes she shared with her son and husband. Euphemia and Walburga were polar opposites.

"Thank you," He whimpered and Euphemia winked in response. "Well, I have to show off my tea making skills to someone. Jamie here has no appreciation for my delicate art." James' eye twitched as he looked up at his mother. "I've had better tea, Mai."