13|Sleeping Together

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

6th Year of Hogwarts     ❃

❃.✮:▹  ◃:✮.❃

NEEDLESS TO say that the Death Eater attack had changed things further than the angry scars that covered James Potter's tan skin. Tensions had risen amongst the students. Most of the people who had attacked the wedding were adults, but there had been a handful of teenagers involved. Most of whom belonged to Slytherin with a handful of Ravenclaws and Gryffindors.

The teachers had already handed out thrice the amount of punishment surrounding duelling between students.

Severus Snape had found himself in the hospital wing for three weeks and Eloise accepted her three month detention with head held high. Just as the Slytherin boy got out of the hospital wing, a hex made it so that Snape could only swear and walk backwards and so Sirius joined his mate in detention. With the three loudest Marauders in no pranking condition, Severus expected some peace, but oh was he wrong. It wasn't long or Remus and Peter took their own revenge strikes at him. Battered and bruised, Snape would pass by the halls in a rush whenever he saw a group clad in red and gold. In the end it was only James who didn't retaliate for even Lily took her swing at her former best friend.

It was truly a sight to behold, the Lily Evans had detention. Lily Jade Evans had detention. The teachers declared that it was the Marauders' bad influence. They were not entirely wrong.

Some weeks passed and Horace Slughorn's birthday came around. As it was tradition, a big party for all students who took N.E.W.T. potions was organised in honour of the professor. Most of the Marauders were lucky enough to not have detention the night of the party, Peter however wasn't.

And while Peter and Remus didn't take potions, they would have attended as plus ones to Sirius and Eloise respectively.

☆——⍟——☆

Chilly wind nipped at Eloise's cheeks and nose and rustled the strands of her brown hair. The girl nuzzled further into the cloak around her shoulders. A long afternoon of cleaning the accommodations of the fire crabs and bowtruckles had left the Prewett with burns, blisters and cuts on her hands.

Eloise's attention was caught by Regulus Black walking with Therese Windslow, large stacks of books in both their arms. With a swish and flick, the books floated into the air, and with a jab the books turned into clouds and words rained down onto the two Slytherin students. Promptly after being soaked in ink, the clouds transfigured back and dropped onto the floor in a stack of books.

In order to avoid the bewildered steel eyes of the youngest Black son, Eloise jumped into a bush, morphing into a fox as she did so. A grin played on Eloise's lips and she trotted away satisfied.